Thread: The Spruce Moose Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Andy's Avatar
    Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    I haven't updated this thread in a while. I have been sourcing some parts the past year to make my car better.
    After the summer of 2015 I took out the elise seats and sold them. They were ok ish for an hour or two tops on roads. I ended up driving my miata that year from Miami to MATG then to Iowa to visit some family and then back home. After that trip I swore off those seats. They really did hurt on long drives. No idea if it was because they were not the probax seats or not but I could not tolerate them much after that trip. It was very bad.

Back in June of 2017 I purchased all the new replacement parts to get my engine in tip top shape for cooling since I had an overheating issue.

I ordered and installed a new nb radiator cap, oe thermostat, timing belt, water pump and cam seals. It all went together well with no issues.
    Then minutes after putting it all together it dawned on me what my overheating issue was. When i drove with the ac on, which was seldom but did occur from time to time, the passenger side fan was only spinning sometimes. I called up a local miata dismantler / repair shop and $20 later I had a working fan and a miata that no longer had overheating issues.

In preparation for the Miatas at the gap trip I bought some new sticky tires and had a better alignment done. I ended up with Hankook Rs4's and an alignment of -1.5 front -1.5 rear with no toe in the front and ever so little in the rear but almost none.

The car performed well in miatas at the gap and had no issues.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post:

MiataQuest (01-02-2018)