Thread: RyokuRob Tow Hook Group Buy!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr... RyokuRob's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Dear Ryoku Parts Customers,

It has been called to my attention that some of you have had some issues with the Smaller NB rear bolt on my Tow Hook part. I apologize for this as I did not check this due to my excitement with the group buy.

After investigation I have discovered that hole is physically to small for the 3/8" bolt. This is due to the new manufacture of the item. The offset of this machine is different from the one that was used before. My tight tolerances have made this now an issue. The hole should be 25/64" or 10mm

The Fix:
    Drill out the hole with a 25/64" drill bit. (10mm for those outside the US) If you don't have one a 3/8" drill bit will work. Hand drilling is perfectly ok. Drilling this hole is only opening it up .03" or .05mm depending on variance. This will not affect the integrity of the part or the anodizing.

If you don't feel comfortable doing this modification please contact myself or Project G and we will further assist you on this matter.

With regards to the larger bolt and washers and threads. The rear stock hook on the NB differs from year to year. It my discovery a few years ago when I made this that at some year (maybe NB1 to NB2) the thickness of the stock hook changed. The washers are there to make up the difference for the years with the smaller rear hook. You don't really need the washers at all. The hole tolerance is tight enough that it is not needed.

Again I apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    Robert Bahr
    Aka: RyokuRob
    RyokuRob@yahoo.com

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RyokuRob For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (07-21-2014),Dandy (07-21-2014),tsingson (07-21-2014)