Thread: Yellow Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr... GMRlocal1's Avatar
    Drives
    White 1991
    Thanks Given

Yellow Build

Hello. My name is Jovany, but everyone calls me Joe. I recently bought a 1992 sunburst yellow. Long story short my boss bought the car off a guy real cheap, drove it to the shop, and sold it to me. Picked it up for $1500, with the hardtop. I want to say its going to be a Track/Daily but lets face it, I hardly ever go to the track. So, Just daily build. Either way I have tons of parts that are going into this thing soon. I want to have it ready for Miatas at Hallet this year.

Here is the pic from the first time I laid eyes on it.

It has a ton of miles on it, just over 306k. The paint has its flaws but its in decent enough shape.

First thing I had to do was get it going again. It ran just fine, only had a problem with the brakes. I took it in to the shop and did a 1.8 brake swap. While i was doing the swap i went ahead and added stainless lines, put in some Hawk HP+'s, and Motul RBF600 fluid.

After I got it going to took it for a drive and enjoyed it for a few days.

The white car is my 91'. My plans are to take most of my favorite parts from it and put them on the yellow. I am also at the same time returning the white one back to stock, somewhat, for my wife. She is gonna learn to drive the white one until we can get her something nicer.

Here is a picture of one of the parts going into the yellow, its the only one I have for now.

Enjoy!

Last edited by GMRlocal1; 05-20-2014 at 08:49 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GMRlocal1 For This Useful Post:

WASABI (05-21-2014)