Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Mindsucker's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 RED MIATA
    Thanks Given

Mindsuckers 1990 Miata

Hi! New to this site so thought i might share some of my build here too

Got my Miata in summer of 2010 and it was pretty much stock at that time

Never really liked the wheels i've got with the car and thought 16's where way to big so got myself a set of Lenso BSX to replace them and some K-sport coilovers to get the car closer to the ground.

Also bought a GV lip, some various shiftknobs, and other small stuff over the year.

Then after a long search over the net for a couple of years I finally found a pair of mazdaspeed seats in great condition and best of all, they where located in sweden pretty local to me!

Close there after i saw this Mazdaspeed D-cut on Rev9 so got that too

Then by the end of 2012 I've got the car to the workshop to replace the clutch (wich been very slippery since i've got the car) and on my way home the engine started to whine like hell! Almost sounded like there was a supercharger under the hood but without the power.
    Start digging in the engine bay when I got home and found this little fella down at the crankshaft.

It's supposed to keep the timing market plate in place but somehow snapped off and made some nasty scratches on my timing belt.

I didn't had any experience (or money for that matter) at all wrenching on a engine and at the time so parked it up and decided to take care of my leaking brakes before putting it in winter storage.

Found the leak in the right rear caliper so decided to rehaul all calipers around

And a week later they where ready to go back on the car again.

And with the brakes back on it was time to roll it into the garage to rest over the Winter
    Last edited by Mindsucker; 06-22-2014 at 03:17 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mindsucker For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (06-22-2014),WASABI (06-24-2014)