Thread: MattsMiata 91 NA Build/Drift

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    91 White Miata, 94 Black S10
    Thanks Given

MattsMiata 91 NA Build/Drift

Whats up guys! This is my build thread that I'm starting for my 91 Miata that i'm going to be making into a drift car.

So lets begin. I don't want to include the story side but if you guys want to hear about it let me know and ill add it in .

I bought the car for 1250$ out of my own money working as a busboy for 4$ an hour and about 2 days a week and about 3 days if I was going on vacation.

She came with 143k miles on it which is reasonably low for this car.

This is all the goods that she came with:

1. A new 1.6l Motor
    2. A new clutch
    3. KYB GR2's (didn't even know when I bought the car till I put coilovers on it)
    4. A front lip
    5. A factory spoiler which is kind of rare on these cars (its not an R Pack)
    6. 94 + wheels with new tires
    7. An aftermarket exhaust, do not know which brand it is but the piping is bigger then the original and its not welded on.
    8. NO Rust on the outside of the car !! That was a plus
    9. Leather Seats
    10. A/C, PS
    11. Nardi Shift Knob that I sold for like 10$ to a friend which was in poor condition and a Wooden E brake Handle
    12. LSD from what the owner told me, which we tested and POSI

The Bad things that came with the car:

1. A ripped Soft Top.
    2. Non working radio
    3. Altezza tail-lights
    4. Paint was bad on front bumper
    5. Paint on car was terrible
    6. Overspray on the windows....
    7. No E Brake
    8. Small Oil Leak I do not know where from. Its from the engine though!

Here are pictures of the car when I first got it. Really didn't take a lot because who knew I would be starting a build thread lol.

The day that I picked her up:

Ohh and by the way here is a picture of my daily which is my S10:

Also here is a picture of my dad's project car he is building besides the other 2 that he has lol:

Well lets get the build started everyone !

So we took the front bumper off here is a before and after shot:

Next we took off the gas cap, trunk lid because the original plan was to paint it but some fights got in the way and I said Fuck It leave it the way it is because its gonna get banged up anyway. Needless to say we primed both of them with actual spray gun primer. Ohh and those Altezza's lol.

Next we took off the passenger door and fender because they had dents. Got into a fight about the door dent because I want to drive it so bad (Impatient) and also bought another door for 75$ because this door had a broken window regulator.

Then we fixed the radio. It was only a wire that wasn't plugged in. Here is a before and after:

Here is a random photo that I took of the engine lol:

Now here is all the paint stuff put together:

Sorry about the darkness on this but it is primed.

Back on the car:

Painted the spoiler but it was half assed. Going to get a KG works Spoiler instead.

Here is the Front Bumper with the lip. Sorry about not painting the lip. I really don't care about the lip color because its gonna get destroyed or even ripped off when I go to drift:

Here are more pictures of the car and the upsetting thing I found. Basically the car is gutted but all the carpet and stuff is going back in:

Thank god its only on the ECU case and it can be taken off lol. Still not a good thing.

Painted the driver side floor though, I gave up on that part but I am going to wire wheel the rust on the passenger side:

Some more photo's:

Last edited by MattsMiata; 04-02-2014 at 03:18 PM.