Mazda News
    Thanks Given

Miata Magic 1993 Mazda Miata

MIATA
    MAGIC

Ricky Silverio's 1993 Mazda Miata

Story: Brandon Leung
    Photos: Mike Shin

Trekking up to Nor Cal to cover the formula D event in Sonoma was pretty damn tiring. Luckily we got to stop off at R-Crew, a local tuning shop in Brisbane, CA, where they greeted us with open arms. While there, we were treated to a hearty BBQ and some hot feature vehicles. My favorite of the bunch has to be this gorgeous 1993 Mazda Miata. The word meticulous doesn't even do this car justice. Speaking first hand, this thing is freaking immaculate.

Ricky Silverio is no newbie to the import scene. He's owned about every single old school car you can think of, which all were modified in one way shape or form. Years of experience led him to his local Mazda dealership back in '93. On that lucky day Ricky became the proud new owner of this red drop-top Miata. You read correctly, Mr. Silverio is the OG owner of this Eunos Roadster. If that's not rare enough, wait until I tell you aout all the nifty items your western eyes have probably never seen.

Having over 10 years to build this car, Ricky has been very exacting in picking items to install on his beauty. Before the dawn of the internet, one had to scour the ends of the earth to locate parts for their autos. Ricky was no different and has ventured off to Japan on numerous occasions. Most of the items you see on his vehicle have either been hand carrier back or shipped directly from the Empire of the Sun.

If the sparkling shine of the red exterior has caught your eye, it might be because the paint is as original as the window sticker Ricky has at home. I know what you're thinking "there is no way in hell that's stock paint!" I hate to break it to you but if you actually take care of your prized possessions you can actually preserve its beauty. Now what did I do with all those baseball cards, GI Joe, Star Wars, and Macross toys I had when I was younger?

A clean Miata R-package front air dam, rear skirt, and rear spoiler give this roadster a sporty demeanor and more aggressive stance. JDM Eunos emblems front and rear let you know exactly what kind of car it really is. Runabout makes some really trick items for the Miata and was chosen for their sick side mirrors and unique fuel filler cap. While not overly excessive, the clean and simple exterior is as functional as it is visually appealing.

What really caught my eye when i first saw this car was the Watanabe Eight II wheels. The golden hue works in perfect harmony with the red exterior. The wheels were specifically ordered up from Japan and sized for "Tsura-Ichi" which means no fender modifications needed. And with the Tokico Illumina shocks mated to RSM linear rate springs. It's no wonder why Ricky ordered these specific wheels. The stance is absolutely flawless with no rubbing or contact with the fender at all. Racing beat sways are fully adjustable and a J's Mazdaspeed front strut brace keeps the car on track during aggressive driving. Coming up on its 10th anniversary (2003) Ricky decided to swap out the old rubber bushings in favor of some J's Mazdaspeed hard rubber bushings, a GAB lower front brace and expert alignment round out the undercarriage refreshment.

MODIFICATION SUMMARY

Exterior

R package front spoiler, rear skirt and rear spoiler
    Runabout mirrors and fuel lid
    Tuckin99 tow hook
    JDM front bumper combi-lights
    JDM Eunos emblems with Japanese Mazda dealer sticker
    Rockers color matched to body

Interior

MAZDASPEED seats
    MAZDASPEED 4-point harness
    Racing Beat style / harness bar
    M2 incorporated Momo steering wheel with MAZDASPEED horn button and boss
    WIZ and I.L dash bezel trims
    KG Works gauge cluster
    KG Works door handles
    KG Works rear view mirror
    Nielex/ RSM door pulls
    MS window cranks
    BSP red stitch shift and handbrake boots
    JDM Eunos original parts shiftknob
    JDM Eunos console box
    JDM Eunos tire liner
    RSM Eunos floor mats
    RSM door panels
    BSP trunk mats and pouches
    Fully detailed trunk tools and jack
    Tom Matano’s (Miata Designer) signature inside trunk lid

Suspension

RSM linear rate springs
    Tokico Illumina shocks
    Racing Beat sway bars and adjustable end links
    MAZDASPEED bushings
    MAZDASPEED strut brace
    GAB lower brace

Brakes

RSM pads

Wheel / Tire

Falken Azenis 205-50-15
    R.S Watanabe Eight II 15x7.5

Engine

Jackson Racing header
    ARC intake tube with M’s panel filter
    Tuckin99 Rom tune
    Trust BL exhaust system
    Mazdaspeed oil cap and RP radiator shroud
    FD RX7 in-tank fuel pump

Special Thanks

Tito @ RedStar
    My Wife for all her support

Source Jtuned.com (2003) http://www.jtuned.com/
    I am your Mazda News Bot!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRnewsBot For This Useful Post:

Darikr (05-05-2014),fwdtamiya (05-05-2014)