So I thought it was about time I started a build thread somewhere on the interwebs.

Back in February 2011, I was perusing craigslist for a daily driver. I was in too much of a hurry to buy car, a mistake I wont make again soon. I would have settled for some crapped out vw jetta; I'm glad I came across an add for a miata instead. I paid 2400 for an 89 NA with 178k on the ticker. I knew nothing about these cars.

When I got it, it looked like this.

Overall not in bad shape. No rust and a mostly straight body. The factory red had been repainted (not very well) in a pearl white, which I have a love hate relationship with. Washing and waxing it the first time, I discovered where the paint had runs and blemishes. I decided quite early on that I would repaint it someday.

First to go had to be those terrible chromed daisies. Inspired by adam's sharka, I pulled the trigger on some 14x7 +28 RPF1's.

Not too soon after I decided I needed some racingbeat sways. Looking back now, I should have bought decent coilovers first, but live and learn I suppose.

I had transformed it into a race car and decided it was about time I showed everybody at the autocross up. Turns out m+s tires on blown shocks arent the best combo for autocross. lol.

I guess its not a good drifting combo either. The boy racer in me couldnt handle the massive amount power under my right foot and I oversteered into a curb, in the wet, at the local highschool parking lot.

Bought another. Drained of cash, the next mod was some plastidip'd wheels. I wish I hadn't.

Photoshopped some low on. ^

Summer was fun in this car.

Next came some white surrounds. I wish I hadn't.

A month later, I decided I needed to indiscriminately waste some money, and decided to buy another RPF1.