Thread: Miata Plastic Radiators: The Brown Death

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Because I have seen them fail when they change colors like this. Cool that you want to autocross on as small a budget as you can, but which is going to make more sense? Spending $100 in preventative maintenance versus $350+ on a busted motor? Making important repairs or critical systems upgrades while worrying about autocross classing on a daily driver tells me your ego and desire for a little plastic trophy means more than your transportation, maybe I'm wrong?
    I'm a little confused... I wasn't saying "don't replace it." I was saying "stick with oem style if you think you might autocross the car regularly." (And that mine is also brown, but I've got one sitting in the garage to replace it - just haven't had time yet.)
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blueiii For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (07-18-2014),tsingson (08-04-2014)