Thread: l.e.d. running light head light conversion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch ShawnM's Avatar
    Drives
    Blue NA Miata
    Thanks Given

l.e.d. running light head light conversion

ok so I got this idea from a guy I follow on instagram. awesome guy answered a few things I was curious about. then I jumped in and started adjusting and trimming. so I started with this
    s head light.jpg
    a little bit of a difference
    c headlight.jpg
    anyway you have to trim the head light bucket and ill get pictures of the cut bucket later.
    but once you do this you wont be able to go back to stock head lights with out new buckets. also the head lights will be in a fixed position.
    f head light.jpg
    don't just start cutting!! it took me about an hour to make sure I had the right lines to cut and if this shows interest ill get more pictures
    t head light.jpg
    tr head light.jpg
    I trimmed the plastic to clean up the look.
    both head lights.jpg
    I wired my lights to the low beam wire. you will need to cut the plug for the head lights off then peel back the wire cover. the black is ground , the red/black is low beam the other is high beam. the high beam wire is thicker then the rest, my lights had a black ground and a red positive so wired the black to black and red to the red/black and all done. if anyone wants more pictures or info or anything just let me know. someone helped me and id be glad to help anyone in return. I know the look isn't for everyone but I like it and in total it was only about $70 thanks for looking

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShawnM For This Useful Post:

atank (02-27-2015),david32 (12-25-2016),Demon I Am (02-27-2015)