So, after I have spent quite a few time trying to find out a reasonable solution (and spending countless hours reading about revalved Bilstein coilovers), I decided on building a Bilstein setup for my daily NB2; something relatively comfy but able to handle potholes and B-roads. 350/250 is what I have also calculated to be ideal for the use I intend on doing. I was planning on building "coilovers" using AllStar sleeves out of some HardS Bilsteins I got, but since I won't be needing height adjustment (which is "wrong" to do by adding preload eitherway), I am also looking in lowering springs. As already mentioned, the most important parameter here are the bumpstops; my plan is to manufacture extended top hats for both ends of the car, extended to an amount equal to the lowering of the car, so that both the dampers and the bump stops do not "know" that the car is lowered. Fine-tuning for the engagement point of the bumpstop could be done by adding shims on top of those (between the top mount and the bump stop). FCM solution seems neat as well, but a fair bit more expensive; might go that way in the future. Another issue with those spring rates, and especially if lowered, is the "deck height" of the springs (the height of a fully compressed spring that is). If bumpstop length is not taken into account and the bumpstops used are too short, "spring binding" can occur, which has been reported to blow circlips off dampers. This is the main reason I want to stay with stock bumpstops, offset by the amount of lowering by using those extended top hats...

Any thoughts/comments/insight on this?