Thread: 91BRG's 91 BRG "91BRG"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! 91BRG's Avatar
    Drives
    91BRG
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    Ecu: It's interesting how different platforms feel about "chipped ecu's", they are popular among others. Not sure if the coding or whatever on the mazda ecu's are difficult to break or what but look at the "empire" Hondata has built of course i guess thats a little different since most of their stuff is tunable but not all of it.

So Adaptronic seems popular "down under" so I'm assuming it is well supported by tuners there?

Clutch/flywheel: Everytime i read some one talking about a lightweight flywheel and or aftermarket clutch i get anxious and can't wait to install mine. I have had a '04 SRT-4 and '01 Bullitt Mustang with a aftermarket clutch and lightweight flywheel and it makes a big difference.

Shifter: Hum i never had a issue with my Nardi evolution shift knob but mine screwed on...weird. A weighted shift knob really makes a difference, i have the Joyfast tall and love it. Have you considered getting a Miata Roadster short throw shifter kit? Namely the tall?

Interior is gorgeous Daniel! Keep the updates coming!
    From what I understand these chipped ecus are pretty popular in Japan, they just go into a tuner, tell them roughly what mods they have, and they make flash a new setup into an EEPROM and solder that onto the stock ecu to overwrite some functions. But it's not popular anywhere else it seems. The amount of work and playing around with that outdated tuning method isn't viable for anyone these days. But it doesn't hurt to pick a used one off YJA, hoping its setup decent for i/h/e, and off you go, they're cheap enough.

You are right, the support for the adaptronic is plentiful down under, it seems to be the ecu of choice here. But how much difference it's going to make for me on a stock engine already using a chipped rom, i would guess is very minimal and any gain would've come through the removal of the afm. That's why I've just left it on hold. Really there is no point unless I do more work to the car power wise (and we all know how pointless that is on a 1.6).

Regarding the flywheel, as long as it's not too light. Like say <3.5kg/8 lbs.. The transition between acceleration and deceleration is just too violent for the street if it's too light imo.

Mine is not an oem nardi for mazda, I bought it new as a universal fitment model, so that may explain it.

cheers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 91BRG For This Useful Post:

BRGNA8 (01-05-2016)