Thread: Devon's Red Roadster

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    96Brilliant Black
    Thanks Given

Devon's Red Roadster

There it is, right after the test drive and exchange of cash and paperwork. My 1996 Miata with 195k miles. First order of business was a car wash cleans up pretty well.
    After driving the car for a few weeks it developed a misfire and belt squeal. Decided then would be a good time to go to town and do a bunch of maintenance. Spark plugs, wires, valve cover gasket, CAS O-ring, PCV valve and grommet, serpentine belts, fuel filter.
    Found that misfire! Good thing I got a valve cover gasket, all 4 plugs were soaked in oil I'm surprised they even fired. valve cover has seen better days luckily everything under it was much better looking. cleaned up the front of the motor while I had everything apart. weight reduction bro! Half of the fins disintegrated on my radiator. pulled out some engine bay cluttering items. Cruise control, coolant overflow, and charcoal canister all got the boot. Radiator got replaced with an aluminum one and red silicon hoses. also installed a strut bar from my other Miata.

Fast forward a week or so... winter tires on some nb wheels I had kicking around.

Ultimate goal for this car is to keep it reliable and practical for daily driving, occasional road trips and to just have fun with it. That being said the car will not stay stock but also won't be a race/track car. Most of my time already has been spent on cleaning it up catching up on any maintenance that may have been missed the last 195k miles.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Devon For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (02-03-2016)