Hey all, I could use a bit of help.

I have a 1992 Miata that has about 150k on it. It's been well maintained for the most part (previous to me).

Shortly after I took ownership, I replaced the water pump, coolant lines, timing belt, etc. plus gave it a tune up.

About a two months ago, it started developing some intermittent hesitation during acceleration. At the time, I didn't have the time to pay attention to it, and after about two weeks I took it out and it died on the road... At the time, it would start and idle, but as soon as I went to hit the accelerator, it would die.

I started with the easy stuff, like the fuel filter, which I replaced. I have also pulled the fuel pump to check the primary particulate screen, and it seems to be fine. The fuel is new, and just in case I also put some water treatment into the half tank of new fuel which I recently put in.

Additionally, the MAF seems to be ok, although I don't know how to test for sure. I've used a can of MAF cleaner to ensure that it at LEAST isn't a dirty sensor.

I've also replaced the PCV valve and checked for obvious vacuum leaks... everything seems to be tight.

So, here she is still... She'll start, idle (a bit rough at this point) and die when I hit the throttle. Incidentally, when I used the MAF cleaner, I manually actuated the throttle, and it would rev up like it should.... That would lead me to believe that it is a fuel delivery issue, but I am at a loss as to where to go from here.

Thoughts? Suggestions? possible solutions?

Thanks
Robin