Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Day 3:

Two years ago I was neglectful of when the dam photo happened. This time I thought I'd check it out. I wanted to wash Betty before I got there, but just didn't have time since I slept in. So, I got there 20 minutes before 11 and there was a long line to park for the photo.

Once parked, I took a few pics of some Lagunas. First, a fantastic NC license plate

And next, that same Laguna from the first day.

I also grabbed a couple pics of all the cars lined up.

Afterwards, I went to Fontana for the free lunch and to check out what was there.

To start. there was this mint '95 Laguna being sold with a matching HT for $7,200 (or $6,600 w/o).

Parked next to it was a 5.0 swapped NA.

There was a lot more cool cars that I should have gotten pics of, but I was ready to head out. And on my way out, I spotted this.

R32 4 door GT. I'd already seen it elsewhere but it was on the move.

Once I left Fontana I went to killboy's shop, Tail of the Dragon for a few minutes to just chill. While there, I heard a horn and then a loud crunch.

To say the owner of the ND was upset is an understatement. So, what happened? He was backed into by a truck right there in killboy's lot.

Well, once the ND was moved and things calmed down a bit, I left and made a run on the Dragon. Ended up seeing my friend parked with some of the people from the Boone area he knew sitting and watching cars. So, I hung out with them for a bit. Afterwards we went back to killboys to sit and get some water. Then a very nice and very well modded GTR pulled up right next to where we were sitting.

From what I was told, it was owned and driven by the owner of Forged Performance.

I saw something that caught my attention parked over at the Motorcycle Lodge.

A Laguna on blue RS-8 Wats.

I walked by over to killboy's and after a few minutes, a very clean red S14 pulled in.

And it was a wee bit not stock.

We then decided to head up to the overlook where we ended up watching the sun set.

We ended up hanging out at killboy's place afterwards for a good bit. We mostly ended up helping a WRX owner we drove with on the way back from the overlook. We had to make a bodge repair to get his car driveable so he didn't have to leave it at killboy's and not need a ride back to the place he was staying. The coolant hose coming from the turbo suddenly exploded while the car sat shut off. The best guess was he didn't let it idle long enough to cool things down after driving back down. Anyways, we managed to scavenge a section of hose from an oil breather hose, and with the help of some zipties, and topping the coolant system up with some water, it held well enough to get him "home."

And that was my Saturday.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

CMP (08-03-2016),Dandy (08-03-2016),Greasemonkey2000 (08-04-2016),MiataQuest (08-04-2016)