Thread: 100,000+ Mile maintenance recommendations.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    '05 Sunlight Silver LS
    Thanks Given

100,000+ Mile maintenance recommendations.

Hope everyone is well and I have a fairly general question for you all.

A little background on my life with Miata's, this is my third, I had a base model power nothing '93 NA and then a packaged out '95 model before my current NB2. I learned to drive in a miata along side a CR-X way back (my love of small cars runs deep lol). I've performed normal maintenance on the cars and rebuilt the front end of my first NA after a face to face confrontation with a deer but have never really delved deep into the cars in terms of preventitive maintenance.

My NB is my daily when I'm not commuting on the Suzuki so it see's it's fair share of miles and use, also I'm currently deployed to Afghaniland and once I return the car will have sat undriven for 9 months. My parents, bless them, do start the car for me a few times per months and even picked up a hardtop that I bought. I left it with them in FL.

Before I deployed two of my coils ate the dirt and in turn dumped a bunch of hot raw fuel into the catalytic converter, I ended up getting new coils, plugs, plug wires and a Roadstersport midpipe mated to a Mazdaspeed Miata muffler (sounds legit btw) and that issue has been solved. She has around 114,xxx on her and I have no idea if the timing belt was ever changed. I'm thinking I should at least change/have changed the timing belt, install a new valve cover gasket, flush and change my brake fluid and clutch fluid and do the same with my cooling system. I use my A/C a lot being that I'm stationed at Ft. Stewart, GA so is there anything you recommend to keep that operating properly (I doubt she'll need a recharge).

Basically what preventative maintenance do you recommend? I have the funds to do so all at once for once so I plan to knock it all out.

Thanks!

EDIT: The car does see occasional Auto-X use so she does live an active lifestyle.
    Last edited by Duncan; 07-29-2017 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Added information