Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BRGNA8's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 NA8C MX-5
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,413 Times in 378 Posts
    17/09/2017

The MX-5 Club of NSW held their annual "President's Picnic" event day, which is an event with probably the largest gathering of MX-5's in the calendar year. It's a chance for MX-5 owners to get together, showcase and display their cars, catch up with old mates, meet new people and talk all things MX-5.

As a member you have the opportunity to win an award if you decide to enter your car. You can enter it in the Concours d’Elegance category, which is where prizes are awarded for those in the best or most original condition, the Show 'N Shine category where prizes are awarded for the best NA, NB, NC and ND on show taking into account originality and/or external modifications and trim, and then there's the Best Modified & Performance category for NA, NB, NC and ND which look at the nature and quality of mechanical, interior and exterior modifications taken into account. You also have the Best in Show, Peoples Choice and Best Ladies Car on Show awards.

The event was held at the historic Ebenezer Church grounds which is the oldest church in Australia, established in 1809 and to this day, they still conduct weekly services. Some 130 MX-5's turned up today and roughly 190 attendees. With blue skies, no clouds and the sun beaming down and ambient temperature of around 22 degrees celsius, it was an absolutely fantastic day to hold such an event.

I wasn't expecting to receive anything as I was happy to just chat and talk to the owners of some really cool MX-5's which were on display but I managed to receive the People's Choice award! Unexpected and stoked! I had a lot of people approach me and ask me various things about my car and I met and talked to some great people which is what I think these events are all about. I had a DSLR for photos but I forgot to charge the battery last night (rookie mistake). Excuse my potato quality photos which were taken from my phone and thanks to Breno for the drone shots. Thanks to the MX-5 Club of NSW and all the volunteers for making this a successful event.

96-BRG being displayed in a sea of awesome MX-5's. The black NA belonging to my mate with some sweet BBS RS's and big plans for the engine in the not too distant future.

Fantastic day for a car show.

A Fiat 124 Abarth also decided to join the party.

The Concours d'elegance contestants.

Red NA and red ND.

Perfect weather for the event.

Drone shots.

Managed to win the "People's Choice" award!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BRGNA8 For This Useful Post:

benpopham (09-18-2017),Greasemonkey2000 (09-20-2017),HarryB (09-18-2017),JamieH (09-18-2017),Martin (09-18-2017),MiataQuest (09-18-2017),MikeA (09-19-2017),speedypenguin (09-18-2017),tsingson (09-20-2017),ueru (09-27-2017)