Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Keilani's Avatar
    Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given

Keilani's 1993 Crystal White Miata Build

Hello friends,

I hope all is well! A little car history about myself, I was always surrounded by cars ever since I was a child whether it was my older brothers several 240sx's or his other turbo, supercharged cars or my uncle's muscle cars. Cars have always been in my life and as I grew up I gained a passion for them. My previous build car before getting into Miatas was a 2001 Phoenix Yellow Acura Integra Type R. It was my dream car as a child and I had a wonderful time with mine, they are truly amazing cars. I ended up regretably parting mine out and selling it due to moving and not having a garage space for it. Fast forward a bunch of years and several cars later I was always into Miatas but I could never find a clean example. I looked at over 30 miatas over the span of 6 years and didn't find anything worth my time. On my 25th birthday, I found a 1990 Classic Red Miata with only 125,000km that was very clean inside and out. I ended up keeping that for only 2 months before something really special caught my eye... I found a 1993 Crystal White with only 50,000km, yes 50,000km. I said what the heck let me post my red up and see what happens. Little did I know the first person who came to see it fell in love and bought it for their dads retirement gift. So there I was thinking wow I loved that car but I knew it was the right thing to do because the day I picked up the crystal white I knew what a new miata felt like. This car was babied by its original owner who was an old lady and only driven on sunny days. The first question she asked me when I was looking at it was "Are you going to winter drive it? because if you are I'm not selling it to you". Thats when I knew I had to have it.

My build plans are to keep it as clean as possible and I would like to first thank Max from Rev9Autosport for being my source for all my parts. Everything I have on this car so far is from Max because he provides the best prices and best communcation.

Current Parts
    15x7 +35 SSR TYPE X With Yokohama S Drive 205/50/15
    15x6.5 +40 Advan RGII Bronze
    14" BBS Off 1993 Limited Edition
    Nardi 360mm Wood with Polished Spokes
    Daikei Steering Wheel Hub for ABS
    Zeromotive Pedal Set
    Nardi Evolution Shift Knob and Nardi parking brake handle off a 1991 Limited Edition
    Nardi 5 Speed Teardrop Wood Shift Knob
    Tan Leather Seats from a 97 BRG With only 30,000km
    HKS Drop In Filter
    Ken Auto Door Bushing
    RS Factory Stage SPL Exhaust with Connecting Pipe
    R Package Front Lip
    Eunos Roadster Stainless Steel Side Sill Plates
    NGK Iridium Ix Spark Plugs
    NGK Spark Plug Wires
    OEM White Hardtop (Non-Defrost)
    Nakamae Quilted Seat Covers in Tan
    Authentic Garage Vary Rear Panel With LED Taillights
    Retromodern Spark Plug Cover
    Garage Star Wiper Cowl Cover
    Garage Star Radiator Cooling Plate
    Jass Performance Fuse Box Cover
    RS Products Switches
    RevLimiter Sharka Vent Rings
    Project G Black Stayfast Canvas Bikini Top
    ARC Intake Chamber
    Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers

Future Plans and Dream Parts
    Bronze Volk TE37
    14x7 +19 Enkei RPF1
    Nakamae Parts
    Maybe a supercharger or turbo kit in the future

First some pictures from the seller on the day I bought it. Lots of pictures to follow in coming posts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keilani; 07-17-2018 at 04:29 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keilani For This Useful Post:

oldgrayleather (08-01-2018),Paul B (10-13-2017),Phatmiata (10-13-2017)