Thread: NA: What is the best fitted car cover to provide UV protection for a 1992 Miata?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    5,000 rpm - there be torque here! MiataQuest's Avatar
    Drives
    faster now with the Ecotec 2.4 (1992 white NA)
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 443 Posts

NA: What is the best fitted car cover to provide UV protection for a 1992 Miata?

I was able to get my Manticore Miata project to crank and fire-up this past weekend.
    It was running great and it was a nice feeling to have the new engine cycled to keep it up to snuff from lack of use.
    I will be taking it for some drives in the fall to put in some fresh gas and do an oil change before it's winter slumber.

I sold my old house so I plan to keep the Miata.
    I intend to finish it over the next few years. Well at least get it sorted, a project is never done!

The lake-house garage has 3 windows. Two of the windows are 4 feet from the side of the car.
    It does gets some direct sun through these two windows for a few hours a day in the winter time.
    I had it covered in multiple pieces of heavy paint drop cloth since it has been stored at the lake-house garage.
    I do plan on adding some louvered window covers for the garage windows that I can quickly open and close.
    However, some light will still get through.
    I would like to purchase a fitted car cover instead of the multiple drop cloths that I have draped here and there.

What is the best fitted car cover that would protect the car from UV? Source?
    Last edited by MiataQuest; 08-14-2020 at 01:13 PM.