Thread: My name is Zico, and this is my Chaste White NA8 build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! zco's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Chaste White
    Thanks Given

More parts!

After that November 4th trackday, I got some blisters on the edge of my palms with the leather steering wheel. Have been tossing up options to either get a suede wheel, or racing gloves, until a bunch of people told me to get both LOL

I ended up ordering MOMO Mod.69, but when I came to pick it up, the shop were more than happy for me to exchange it for something else if I wanted to.

Left: Mod 78. Moderate Oval grip, rear finger imprints, side palm cutouts and thumb insert grooves.

Right: Mod 69. Chunky/Thick /round grip, rear finger imprints, no palm or thumb cutout/grooves.

Both wheels are suede, with no stitching, and have the infamous yellow MOMO logo found on the likes of the NSX-R!

The thick grip sounded great, but when I held it in person, it was too thick for me. I opted to take home the Mod.78 instead. Have ordered a new steering hub and quick release, so they should arrive sometime in January/February.

Also got my hands on one of these babies. Shorai LFX27L3-BS12. 405CCA, 27Ah, 1.69kg/3.7lbs. Will get around to installing it after xmas

These also arrived, to replace my Red Recaro TS-GS's I had sold off a few weeks ago.
    Brand new twin Recaro RSG-GK in Black/Black. It's a combination of Recaro's Glass mesh fabric and Alcantara.

Split thigh cushions and close up of the glass mesh fabric

Silver stitching along with silver Recaro logo's front and rear

and of course, FIA approved too

I must admit, the red seats do look better than the black, but it's hard to look past that glass mesh fabric on brand new seats!

I had a trackday on Monday 7th Dec, so I installed one of the seats for that. Will write up a review shortly of how the day went, waiting for photos to be uploaded from the event!

Also made use of the Black Friday specials. I set my alarm for 04:00am local time, woke up to join the XIDA bandwagon!

In the box, are a set of XIDA RACE coilovers at 800/500lbs springs, recommendations from Ed based on my goals/current setup. They were $2000USD + $250USD for coaxial billet mounts + $385USD shipping. If you thought that was bad, I also got slugged $460USD for importation taxes and duties.. grand total? $3092USD... safe to say, that'd be my xmas present to myself for the next few years..

They'll get installed, along with a set of new polyurethane bushings, Rigid collars, NB F+R subframes/arms/steering rack in the next few weeks
    Last edited by zco; 05-22-2021 at 10:08 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zco For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (12-11-2020),Greasemonkey2000 (12-19-2020),HarryB (12-11-2020),MaRcOp01o (12-11-2020),MiataQuest (12-12-2020),MikeA (12-10-2020),Roadster7 (12-15-2020)