Thread: Cars, Coffee and California...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    The gold Ryoku Rob tow hooks were always destined for the BRG but after installing the foglights I was really finding there was too much going on both up front and in the back. Too many colors, adornments, etc but I wasn't really willing to lose anything at this point. Finding Rob's tow hooks is like hen's teeth now as most of you know so to tide me over until I could find a more complementary color (red, black or ?) I opted for a set of Carbing ones that I could order through Car Make Corns. I've had the chance to spend time with Tomio and Tomoyo on several trips and think the world of them. They are wonderful people and have been very kind to me, always making time and showing me fantastic hospitality when I've been to Japan. When the package arrived the box was far too large to accommodate just the two tow hooks...

In the rest of the bubble wrap, they had also sent along a set of OEM foglights I'd been trying to track down ever since I missed out on JK's! Tomio said they needed work to restore them but was confident I would do a good job. Now another piece of the puzzle has been slotted in to place. Random acts of kindness like this will always blow me away. I've never been very good at receiving things let alone tbh.

Will need to dig in to the best way to refurbish the pitted metal and the slight surface rust...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

Cermivelli (01-02-2022),HarryB (01-03-2022),MiataQuest (01-02-2022),Roadster7 (01-03-2022)