Thread: Li'l Stinker (NC Content)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Johnnie's Avatar
    Drives
    06 NC
    Thanks Given

Li'l Stinker (NC Content)

Swapped out my Protege 5 in August 09 for a 2006 Sunlight Silver Grand Touring. Totally forgot when i made the deal that I wanted the "suspension package" mainly for the Tochigi Fuji limited slip. Got it home and realized I had bought an open diff car. A little disappointment, but the car was so much fun, I knew I could live with it.
    Bone stock--4x4 mode:

IMG_6834.jpg

Got the Goodwin Racing Roadstersport RACE muffler at some point along the way. Installed it in a few minutes.

Asshat hit the car in the parking lot while the wifey and I were in Chi for thanksgiving that year-- came home to this.

IMG_6938.jpg

Signed up for my first autocross in December. At the last minute, the car was still in the body shop, so I did my first event in the rental car. I was hooked.

Santa brought this-- Quaife ATB LSD.

IMG_6897.jpg

Swapped out the stock suspension for Racing Beat springs, Koni Sport adjustable shocks, and Hotchkis bars. Modest drop, but functional--

IMG_6954.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

In the spring of 2010 I finally realized a lifelong dream and got my own garage (2 car with a 3 bedroom house attached) One of the first things I did was go to Harbor Freight and buy a floor jack and a set of jack stands.

Room for two--

IMG_0153.jpg

Finally, a spot to do my own maintenance!

IMG_0126.jpg

Stripped some paint and polished some aluminum. First NC with a polished hood? Maybe.

I hesitated for a long time with an open can of paint stripper-- believe!

IMG_0329.jpg
    Last edited by Johnnie; 03-15-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    John Evans
    >>>Li'l Stinker<<< https://www.facebook.com/litllestinker
    06 MX-5 Miata 6MT-- Quaife LSD >>>Li'l Stinker on MR.net<<<