That's what I've been thinking it might be as well. A loose connection somewhere or even a bare wire touching metal somewhere, the problem is trying to find exactly which one it may be. The fact that power to the entire car is lost is making me lean more towards something to do with the wiring for the alternator.

A little background on the alternator; it was replaced in September 2010 by a shop. In 2011 the car was still having charging issues and just before I bought the car we took it back to the shop exactly one year after it was replaced for them to do it again under the 1-year warranty. They went through 2 or 3 alternators because they kept having issues with it not charging properly. Whenever it rains the battery light also comes on every now and then. That leads me to thinking maybe the problem wasn't actually the alternator but the wiring instead.

The problem right now is that I'm working 6-day weeks for the next couple months so I don't really have any time to find the issue. I might have to just park the car and start driving the NA for the next little bit so I can take some time over the next little bit and fix all the issues that have started to come up with the car recently.