Thread: It was fun while it lasted.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Coupeloop's Avatar
    Thanks Given

It was fun while it lasted.

well some of you may know, as of last week. I am no longer a Miata owner. It was fun while it lasted. I've owned the car for 6 years now, and threw so much time and money in it. I went through 8 other cars while owning this car, and thought I'd never sell it. Actually in the very beginning i wasn't even looking to own a miata, and to be honest i didn't know crap about them or even noticed them on the street. It was a car that I was offered for trade when I was selling my ae86. I didn't have much direction with it till many years later at its final stages of the car. While I owned the car, I took it on a canyon run or two... and a few drift events.... don't get me wrong it was fun.
    But honestly, driving (as in getting serious and taking it to the track terms) wasn't really my thing, I never claimed to be good at it nor do I really like it to be honest.
    I got a lot of "why do you throw parts on a car and don't drive?" It was in the end after helping a friend build a C drift car, I can only realize that I only did it just because I wanted to build a car. Spending the time wrenching, and fabricating and bringing my ideas to reality I find more fun/satisfying. Even if it was just driven on the streets once in a while. Then I realized all I wanted to do is to show others (and non-miata owners) that Miatas can be kinda cool. To be honest I really really REALLY hate the exterior of the damn car thats why i threw all the are at it, and I wanted to kill all the body lines for me to actually find the car acceptable. Even had my car mistaken for an RX-7 sometimes But I don't get me wrong, I liked my car, I like what I did to it. but miatas to me in general are very

but regardless, a lot of close good friends were definitely made. And a lot of lessons were learned.

but on to my new toy!

finally brought it home tonight. It was my friend's first car in high school (he was the 3rd owner I believe), and I told him if he were to EVER sell it, that I would buy it. Since then, 7 years later he calls me. That's also when I decided to sell my car (instantly in a heartbeat), since honestly I didn't want a miata to begin with, and GC8s are one of the top tiers of the cars I ever want to own. Major maintenance has been done few months ago, 104k on the odo. OEM LSD in the rear, JDM tid bits here and there.

snuggled in with the others in the garage.
    Last edited by Coupeloop; 07-28-2012 at 05:33 AM.
    MONEY doesn't buy STYLE