Thread: Madaboutmx5s Garage (bit of a thing for all things JDM when it comes to roadsters)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    FM2 Turbo Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,183 Times in 472 Posts

Madaboutmx5s Garage (bit of a thing for all things JDM when it comes to roadsters)

Hello All,

Thought it was about time I re-introduced myself state side. Based in England, outside London I have been into MX5s for well over 14 years since I was at uni. During that time I have had around 40 roadsters (all imports).

I kind of had a collection going a few years back but sold my Pitcrew Roadster and Corns Tuned Roadster to fund a attempt to build a RE Amemiya Wide Arched Bridge Ported RX7 (Wont be doing that again, sick of them).

Now back in the Roadster scene in the UK, still got my silver Tuckin 99 N2 FM2 Turbo car Ive owned since 2007. Also bought back a MP62 Supercharged car I owned briefly last year and added a whole load of JDM parts to that car.

Rather then start a project thread on each, thought it would be easier to show both.

First up the MP62 Supercharged Roadster. This car was one of my favourite roadsters back in the day on the UK scene. Sadly it fell off its prime spot and last year when I briefly owned it didnt have a chance to do anything with it. So this time round I want to restore it back up to its prime position but in my own style. The base car is a VR Limited, one of the last MK1s as manufactured in 1997.

It turned up looking like this (Didnt have the low offset watanabes on as I added those or the Garage Vary bonnet but you get the idea as I added both of those).

Then it went down the bodyshop, had the bonnet sprayed up, added some TSI's, garage vary front lip and a nakamae centre console, JDM sun visors, some other bits I forgot about.

This car is now a show car so Im afraid no clean photos, next added some Recaro Kelvar seats from a RS Limited.

Last mod so far some RS Active Headlights.

Next up my Silver Tuckin 99 FM2 Turbo Car. I have owned this car this 2007, I wont list the whole spec but it is long. Here are some photos.

And most recent mod. Bodyshop Hayashi Flush Pop Up Headlights. These are only just fitted so need to play around with a few adjustments but to give you the idea. Not to everyones taste but neither is the car. However it does make me chuckle the alternate way to have pop up lights.

Thats it for now. Plans for the cars are to get a Garage Vary Rear Light Kit for the green car when funds allow, one or two nice interior parts. Plans for the silver car is to maybe fit a tuckin 99 front lip spoiler I have (though car is so low, reckon it will get wrecked so holding fire for now.)

Thanks for looking and hopefully some names I know from the stateside in the past.
    Attached Images Attached Images