Thread: Dilly's 2014 Build Thread: Extended

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Dilly's Avatar
    Drives
    '96 Miata
    Thanks Given

Dilly's 2014 Build Thread: Extended

I'd like to start off by saying Happy New Year to everyone.

I finally have a neat build thread, sorta. Though I'm gonna have to warn you, once I get past all the old stuff, I will be lacking new content for a while till I save up enough for more parts.

Sometime during the middle of 2012, I decided I wanted to do a complete exterior makeover on Kayla. She’s been hurt/damaged quite a bit during the last 3 years I've had her. So it’s that time to fix her up to put a smile on my face.

I purchased my 96 M Edition (Starlight Mica Blue) back in December of '08 after totaling my first Miata, heh. I bought this beauty off of my step brothers co-worker. Shit was PRESTENE. Bone stock with an St May exhaust, Simpson Design tail lights, and AGX/H&R combo. What a cool guy, right? Back then, I thought to myself, "The hell is up with these tail lights and exhaust? Fuckin ugly". But I am so damn glad that I have learned about them and appreciated those parts. I still have the St. May, btw. Anybody wanna buy it?

Also, please excuse all the different edits throughout the thread. My ugly photography has changed a lot throughout the years.

The very first thing I did was swap over my Buddyclub seat, steering wheel setup and shift knob/shifter extender from my old Civic/first Miata. All was a must. As you all know, the factory NA Miata steering wheel is hideous. If you enjoy the look of them... eat a wiener. A few months after I bought Kayla, my brother brought my old Miata back to life and used that as his daily. Little by little, I kept swapping more parts over from the old to new.

To be continued... (currently on my 4th shot and counting)
    Last edited by atank; 02-14-2014 at 03:56 PM.