Thread: An imperfekt project...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power imperfekt's Avatar
    Drives
    Supercharged 94 PC
    Thanks Given

An imperfekt project...

I was reading around, to get a feel of how to write my first build thread... I must admit I've decided to start writing one a little late, having done a few mods already in the short time I've spent with Annie (my Miata). I suppose I'll post what I've got so far, and from here-on-out I'll be more in-depth, having the thought of a 'build' in mind, with more pictures and such. So I apologize thus far that there aren't any "install process pics", but there will be...

I'm from NY, but was on vacation driving through Craigsville, WV in August '11 when i saw this on the side of the road

290802_2377688561576_1231485989_3003569_4171419_o.jpg325955_2377688441573_1231485989_3003568_7920414_o.jpg3.jpg

fell in lust with her at first sight, completely stock in excellent condition, barely 100k miles logged and I had to test drive her. I never drove or rode in a Miata before, but a good buddy of mine (Kyle L) has had a couple of them and had already dug far into his build, so I asked him about all the things I should be looking for during the test drive. Ripped it down the street a couple miles and lust turned into love... checked for limited slip with a nice brakestand and drove the car away the next day! <3

Who the heck goes on vacation and comes back with a car?!

Anyways, my original intentions were to leave her completely stock and have myself a "modern day classic"... however, Kyle coerced me into some necessary mods and it began. After the 500+ mile drive home, I noticed the ride was a bit loose and the rear shocks could stand a replacement... introducing the Racing Beat tubular front and solid rear sway bars to tighten the handling
    4.jpg
    and the Raceland coilovers to quiet the ocean boat rocking when I take off.
    5.jpg
    ...now Racelands might not be the best choice, but the price was right for me and it's a heck of an improvement on the stock feel/rocking...
    Last edited by imperfekt; 01-07-2012 at 12:34 AM.