I think I may be done modifying my 04 base model. I love driving it every time but to me, most of the remaining modifications seem to be too expensive, complex or unsafe. My goal is to make a fun, inexpensive street car with very limited autocross/track use. To me, "fun" means responsive steering feel and the feel and sensation of speed. Here's a short list of "fun" mods so far:

AEM intake
Roadstersport3 midpipe and axleback
ACT 9-lb flywheel
Flyin Miata V-Maxx coilovers
Flyin Miata Front and Rear sway bars
Konig wheels 15x7.5
BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 195/50/15

I've considered a few mods, but I'm staying away from these for a few reasons:

Rollbar: to me, unsafe for street use even with padding. Requires more safety equipment like seats/harness
Hardtop: takes away from exhaust sound and sensation of speed vs top down
Wider wheels/tires: Less response, feedback, ease of steering and transitions
Forced induction/Engine Swap: complicated, expensive, requires upgrading all other components
LSD: expensive, I'm not putting down much power as it is and I don't drive to the very limit all the time
Chassis reinforcement: The '04 seems to have plenty as is, not sure which would be best
Seats: more shoulder bolstering would be nice, a lower seating position too (foamectomy?)
Short shifter: really worth $100+? is it that much more fun?

So, what else can I do? I love high/fast revving and sharp, responsive handling. I'm not out to make a track car or fashion queen. Just street fun!

Thanks!