Thread: DK's "Kabyle" Miata

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone DK Wolf's Avatar
    Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given

DK's "Kabyle" Miata

Finally have a Miata that I'll have a build thread for... (my other Miata doesn't count.. it's just a slut bucket).

Quick little story behind the name "Kabyle"
    For those that don't know. I'm a first generation immigrant from North Africa, Algeria. In the little mountains of North Algeria, there's a region called the Kabylie where my people roam. We are Berbers, fair skinned middle eastern individuals. And it's just this small seclusive group that's fair skinned in the region (don't mistake us for having been mixed with the French during colonial times.. we were white well before them.. think pre-vikings is when many estimate our population came to the area in conquest). We aren't Arabs and we have a different culture. Kabyle culture is super laid back and highly tolerant, and the Kabylie is acclaimed as one of if not THE most tolerant region in the Islamic world, and we contribute to the islamic docility throughout Algeria.

Bought this car out in SoCal a few weeks ago for 3100, and she's at the paintshop getting fixed up and getting a few mechanical touch-ups. Here's how she was when I bought her (note, I did the entire purchase via proxy. Had Zerek check it out for me, and my wired cash to my Dad to pick it up.)

There's a few things on the way for now. I have Zerek that's fabbing me my own "Tiretail" and we're both designing a custom intake. So hopefully that goes well.

I ordered a plethora of parts, most notably Xidas. This thing will primarily be focused on track racing and autox. This won't be a joke of a build, and there will be ZERO shortcuts.

Anyway, here's the car at a paintshop out in SoCal getting some of it's paint refurbished and dents taken out.

These guys are fixing all the cosmetic imperfection as well as replacing my bushings for me for $550. These are the same guys that painted my Porsche so they're rock solid
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DK Wolf For This Useful Post:

tokiwartooth (11-14-2013)