Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: opinions on frame rail strengthening options

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone mini_fd's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Black Miata
    Thanks Given
    I need to bolt in the 3rd point strut bar in to actually feel the front end stiffer. But I have frame rails waiting to be installed and I can't wait to let you know what I feel afterwards.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    ^ That really is a matter of choice, as the Miata's firewall is virtually paper thin. You'll love those frame rails!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    Ordered the strut tower bar from FM, Its cheaper than the beatrush strut bar.Hopefully I feel some improvement, but I'm not gonna expect too much since our cars aren't struts to begin with. Every little brace helps.
    08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBo View Post
    Ordered the strut tower bar from FM, Its cheaper than the beatrush strut bar.Hopefully I feel some improvement, but I'm not gonna expect too much since our cars aren't struts to begin with. Every little brace helps.
    Before you install it, drive over some shitty roads/railroad tracks. Then do it again after the install, I think you'll be surprised. I know I was!

PS: I had the frame rails and the coilovers already in the car, when I installed the STB.
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Before you install it, drive over some shitty roads/railroad tracks. Then do it again after the install, I think you'll be surprised. I know I was!

PS: I had the frame rails and the coilovers already in the car, when I installed the STB.
    I'm looking forward to hit the windy roads before and after the install, there is a lot of crappy roads on the way there as well. Then I will probably hit the FM rails after a month, I'm pretty stoked.
    08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123