Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay F1 Clutch + Flywheel, has anyone used them?

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Had both. 1.6 version. Clutch is very similar to Exedy in design. The flywheel, chromoly, was far less chatter than my aluminum Fidanza. So much so that I didn't notice it.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! toms96mx5's Avatar
    Drives
    Black 1996 Miata
    Thanks Given
    I put one on my car about a month ago now, it does chatter some, but drive ability is good and feels a little stiffer then my old clutch, it is a lot more rev happy with the lightweight flywheel. All that was wrong with my old clutch was a seized pilot bearing but I was not going to do all that work and not put new everything in. I drive my car everyday and it doesn't bother me to drive with it. As far as longevity I don't know yet, honestly I don't think the clutch disc, flywheel, or pressure plate will be the weak links, from working with auto parts the chinese suck at making bearings so I would expect one of them to fail first.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Oh and FWIW you KNOW I won''t support those eBay sellers, you never know what you are getting, be it the legit item or a knockoff from China that looks the like the real deal.

Just stick with the Miata dealers & distributors for parts since they actually support the community.
    Not many options from dealers or vendors, when it comes to stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Had both. 1.6 version. Clutch is very similar to Exedy in design. The flywheel, chromoly, was far less chatter than my aluminum Fidanza. So much so that I didn't notice it.
    Glad to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by toms96mx5 View Post
    I put one on my car about a month ago now, it does chatter some, but drive ability is good and feels a little stiffer then my old clutch, it is a lot more rev happy with the lightweight flywheel. All that was wrong with my old clutch was a seized pilot bearing but I was not going to do all that work and not put new everything in. I drive my car everyday and it doesn't bother me to drive with it. As far as longevity I don't know yet, honestly I don't think the clutch disc, flywheel, or pressure plate will be the weak links, from working with auto parts the chinese suck at making bearings so I would expect one of them to fail first.
    And glad to hear also!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    I bought both of my F1 products through Goodwin.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    I bought both of my F1 products through Goodwin.
    Someone in FL, has what I'm looking for, @ price that makes me smile. If still available in two weeks, I'm coming back to Denver with heavy luggage..
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Understood. I was at a Goodwin open house event and had the chance to talk to Brian Goodwin about them. I installed it at 949 and the clutch looked just like an Exedy, just painted a different color.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

The Driver (12-06-2013)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift I<3flippyheadlights's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Spirited Green Miata!
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Someone in FL, has what I'm looking for, @ price that makes me smile. If still available in two weeks, I'm coming back to Denver with heavy luggage..
    Can i get the hook up? I need a new clutch
    1990 Miata, she was red but now she is Spirit Green!

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....d-a-love-story <--- build thread!

Also check out the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/IHeartFlippyHeadlights !!! Its a facebook page dedicated to the awesomeness which is flippyheadlights! Not me, but the actual headlights! High time someone noticed how awesome these things are; check it out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12