I am going to throw this bit out there too, from personal experience.

Some of the early tops, the latches have locktite on the screws. Mine had red locktite, I have heard of others finding this too. Typically, the screws need to be loosened so you can do final fitment to your car by having someone press down over the top, where the leading edge of the top meets the windshield. These screws are a bit on the soft side. If your screws do NOT loosen easily, please remember this. The best home method I have read to loosen the chemical bond is to lay a soldering iron on the head of the screw individually to heat them up A LOT, then use the properly-sized screw driver to loosen. If you find this, I would recommend replacing the the screws with bolts. I don't remember the thread and pitch of them, but it isn't rare.

I found this out on mine AFTER I had it professionally painted. I had to have a professional service remove them without damaging the paint or the FRP. It was not cheap and they told me it was one of their most difficult/delicate jobs they had even done.