Thread: Project Resurrection: Saving this NB1 for daily duties

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! atxsbigwalt's Avatar
    Drives
    Daily NB1, show NA6
    Thanks Given

Project Resurrection: Saving this NB1 for daily duties

So with my NA taking on more and more non-daily attributes(check out the build thread on here as well), I needed something to handle the workload. So the hunt for a cheap daily began. I don't really need 4 doors, and I enjoy driving my miata for those drop top moments, so of course I looked for another miata.

Ended up finding this 2000 miata that was sitting for a while. Someone had attempted to steal the car and did some major damage. I guess the owner didn't want to fix it and just let it sit. So I bought it for a decent price, and began fixing it.

The thieves slashed the top.

Broke the center console(I guess to get into the trunk)

Chipped the driver's side mirror

But other than that and needing a brake job, everything else was in decent shape. Motor still runs strong, and suspension is still good

The front bumper is a little bent, but I'll fix that later.

I picked up a side skirt and mudflap combo off ebay.

Slapped on my old hardtop while I waited for my new soft top to arrive, and had the windows tinted and my old headunit installed. Gotta love listening to pandora and iheart over bluetooth instead of radio commercials all the time.

Then my new soft top finally arrived.

I tried finding an used OEM top but had no luck, so I just got a Canvas cloth top from robbins with the glass defroster window.

I had so many flakes for my old wheels, that I just decided to install them instead. I know it looks weird on stock suspension, but its a DD so I'm not to worried about it.

Time to get to work and make these babies fit for the future.

Before

During

After

And on all 4

I'm still weighing my suspension options to drop it, but I'm in no rush. Might do koni yellows with tein springs and FCM bumpstops to keep it nice for daily driving.

Then I finally had my top installed. Some good work done by Jim.

Love this top, up or down.

I then got owned by random tire debris on the freeway one early morning in August of 2013. Luckily nothing got damaged except my front bumper. It was already messed up, but this just pushed it over the edge. I've since ordered a bomex replica bumper to just change it completely. I haven't installed or painted it yet because my NA has been getting all the attention, but hopefully tax return money will allow me to get this painted and respectable again.

Oh, and she finally got her first sticker.

And that's how she stands as of today. Not gonna have many updates until way down the line(if i get a different daily driver), but wanted to track how she started to now. Also show people this great soft top and Jim's work in case you need work done. Next update will more than likely be paint with the side skirts, bumper, and spoiler installed. Should look pretty good once I drop the car.
    Instragram, will follow back. @JDMFreshnessTX
    https://www.facebook.com/JDMfreshness
    http://www.jdmfreshness.com/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atxsbigwalt For This Useful Post:

WASABI (02-26-2014)