Thread: Ebay aluminum radiator for miata

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    Radiators in general are a mix topic. Koyo is the general brand that everyone wants. However, from my experience all aluminum rads are a hit or miss type of purchase. Everyone wants a 37mm stock for best fitment, but unless you track the car your probably wasting your money on all aluminum koyo. Aluminum radiators with plastic tanks are probably your best bet in terms of longevity because there is more leeway on the flex but make sure you buy a good brand. Of course after many years the plastic core will turn brown and crack. Aluminum has better cooling ability but I had Koyo's before that went out after 1-2 years on my previous cars, and I'm down $300 instead of $100 for the plastic tanks. Ebay all aluminum are a hit or miss type of deal as well in term of fitment and longevity. What I want is the solid brass/copper radiators. Those are a bit heavy & hard to find however, they last for many years easy. My next rad might be an all aluminum but only because I'm planning on boosting and tracking the car, I'm still on the factory rad. Buy at your own risk OP.
    Last edited by BoBo; 03-11-2014 at 01:52 AM.
    08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package