Drives
    91 White Miata, 94 Black S10
    Thanks Given
    Update:
    Oem belts in
    Oem seats in
    Got the car inspected
    Got a 3 ton lowered jack so i can jack up my lowered car lol

Still needs a few odds and ends and much love still.
    Dont have a lot of pictures either.

Need brackets for my racing seats (any recommendations? Please on the cheap side, f1 spec type 5/low max rep are the seats) posted up above. Thanks guy

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    I think www.corbeau.com makes seat brackets, have you tried those?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

MattsMiata (05-21-2014)

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    I think www.corbeau.com makes seat brackets, have you tried those?
    I have not but will look into it! My seats are a side mount though -_- otherwise my seat would already be in it with the stock rails. Thanks for the reference!

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Update Guys!! So, my dad was driving around coming home from work and noticed a miata was in a junkyard. Needless to say it was a 97! Win Win! So yesterday I went and bought the whole 1.8l rear with the driveshaft and whole nine yards and a red trunk lid without holes for 325$ I couldnt be happier. Now someone help me with this.

Both wheels spun but in opposite direction, I know an open diff will only spin one wheel. My dad locked the other wheel, i spun my wheel and it spun but then locked with the other wheel and both wanted to spin. So im,not sure if its a torsen or an open. Either way I will weld it for drifting since thats what im doing with the car. I will post pictures of the trunk lid and it has some small little dents. The rear end I will try to get pictures up on here when I pick it up! Think I got a good deal? Also my original trunk lid and oem spoiler are for sale now if anyone is interested. My trunk lid is primed and ready for paint and has no dents. Only reason why is because of the holes and I wanted a clean straight trunk lid without them! Im actually surprised that not alot of people comment on the build but its whatever, I have no problem with it.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I also got an isis tow hook for 15$ when I went to East Coast Bash for the drift event last weekend and i got hardtop striker plates that bolt into the csr from my friend that owns a miata and he threw in a shifter knob for me for free with the deal which I thought was awesome! Ill post pics of those up aswell

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power ueru's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 NA8C, 1998 NB8C
    Thanks Given
    That sounds like a Torsen. A Torsen will spin opposite directions freely, but once some resistance is applied (try the parking brake applied lightly enough so you can spin one wheel), it will lock up and both wheels will want to spin in the same direction. You can be sure once you have it back off again by looking straight through where the half-shafts connect: An open will have a single bar visible and a Torsen will be unobstructed, nothing blocking your vision through the other side. If that's a Torsen, that's a really great deal.

If it does happen to be a Torsen, you might want to consider selling it and picking up an open to weld. Torsens can be pretty pricey (I bought mine, entire pumpkin, for $400 several years ago, and they usually go for quite a bit more than that.), and open diffs are fairly cheap. I can't sell mine for $100 on CL locally. Maybe I just suck at selling, though lol. You could probably sell the Torsen, buy an open, and be in a black a little. Plus, one more Torsen saved.

Also, pics!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ueru For This Useful Post:

MattsMiata (05-28-2014),WASABI (05-28-2014)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Thanks brotha and sounds good, if its a torsen im not gonna weld it since its an lsd already. I might weld my 1.6 just incase mine breaks. Pictures will be coming dont worry! Thanks for the help on it 2!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MattsMiata For This Useful Post:

ueru (05-28-2014)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Here are some pictures I told you guys I would post up, not all miata related but hey have a look

ISIS Tow Hook

Shifter Knob I got for free from my good friend!

How she sits now, Needs to raised again and suspension dialed in a little better, plus an alignment!

This was at inspection, car was so low couldn't get it on the lift, still managed to get it on though lol.

Go to Sleep Miata, One of the baddest photo's I took of the car I think!

Dad's 69 Camaro he's building. 396 BBC Crate Engine, thought it was necessary to show lol

Trunk Lid I bought for the car, its in good condition, just needs a wash and a little touch up here and there but well worth what I paid!!

Thats all for Now! Ill post pics of the rear end when I go and pick it up

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattsMiata For This Useful Post:

ueru (05-28-2014),WASABI (05-28-2014)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Nice work so far Matt! You got a great deal on the Miata parts, and it's nice to have another car nut in your family... props to your Dad's Camaro.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WASABI For This Useful Post:

MattsMiata (05-29-2014)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
    Nice work so far Matt! You got a great deal on the Miata parts, and it's nice to have another car nut in your family... props to your Dad's Camaro.
    Hahaha, thanks brotha!! Hes been a car nut all his life. This is aint the only classic car he has, he has a 55 and 56 belair, both 2 door. The 56 has a 350 sbc and is auto, the camaro is auto as well because of "mom" and the 55 is a original 4 speed on the floor car which is badass. I want to drive that car so bad but its not in the best condition lol. I wanna say we have about 10 cars at home, and im not rich. We keep saying we need a warehouse that way I could buy like 240sx shells and really all the cars I want and what he wants so we can work on them. I find this as a hobby and I'd like to become a mechanic, so I can fulfill my car building dreams haha. Im into drifting so I would have alot of cars that I would build as a grassroots car. As you see now thats the goal of this car lol
    Last edited by MattsMiata; 05-29-2014 at 01:32 PM.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,162 Posts
    The '55 Chevy never came with a 4 speed manual, let alone a floor shifter of any sort, from the factory. It was either a 3 on the tree or a 2 speed auto PowerGlide. Wasn't until '57 that a 3 speed auto TurboGlide was available. At some point in the car's history someone cut a hole in the floor to put that shifter in.

Everything was an option on tri-fives. You could get a fully loaded convertible, yet have the 235 Blue Flame six backed by the PowerGlide slushbox. Or, you could get a stripped down base model 150 powered by the hot 283cu./283HP Fuelie engine.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

WASABI (05-29-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12