Quote Originally Posted by RuckkehrMiata View Post
Honestly I never use the board-hosted option.

I upload to imgur and do IMG tags to wrap them. Almost *every* single build thread or any other thread with really old photos that DON'T do this have happy little boxes where there should be images.
This is the biggest problem with all of the miata forums.

Found that wicked writeup for the mod you really want to do. Oh, every image isn't loading because they used photobucket. Great.

Imgur doesn't delete old pictures, and I forsee them living for quite a long time since they just got something like 1bil in funding from reddit.
There are positives and negatives to photo-hosting services and forum-hosting. The irritating blank boxes are not typical of Miata forums but every forum. Over time, people move, change or delete categories in their photo-hosting site and suddenly photos become unavailable anywhere they've ever been posted.

For instance, if in Photobucket, I created a category called "Miata" ten years ago and then uploaded 10,000 pictures to it and linked them to every Miata or car site imaginable, I could never change that structure. If I simply change "Miata" to "My Miata," every link I've ever posted in every forum would nullify. The same would be true if I decided to move "Miata" inside another category I create like "My favorite cars" for example.

You can certainly create, rename and move folders on your photo-hosting site just like you can files and folders on your home computer but making a single change can ruin every link you've ever posted.

I'm just curious but you seem to attribute blank boxes to Photobucket. How would imgur be any different?