Thread: Yellow Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr... GMRlocal1's Avatar
    Drives
    White 1991
    Thanks Given
    I have been spending some quality time with Butters.

First I finally got around to mounting those 15X9 c3m’s on 225/45 rivals

And then I took a weekend off and installed the 99 engine I’ve been sitting on.

I got the engine in the last weekend. Took me all of three days to get it installed which was way longer than I expected while I was doing the swap I went ahead and installed some other parts as well like a 6 puck clutch and 7lb flywheel for a 1.6, mazdaspeed short shifter, mazdaspeed engine mounts and megasquirt because I was keeping the 1.8 iac and throttle body and I could control the vics with it. A cop set up that my buddy Gary help me put together. I also went ahead swapped the coilovers with a set I got from my boss. They are a set of yellow speeds but we installed different bump stops , NB top hats in the front and some custom top hats in the rear. The car rides really smooth now. I also went ahead and installed a 1.8 torsen diff and a tdr aluminum radiator along with a 99 silicone lower rad hose because I did the coolant re-route, just wanted all silicone hoses. That reminds me also did some silicone heater hoses. And a bunch of other little things I just cant remember right now.

Took me all week to get a good tune put on, but with the help of my friend Gary we got it dialed in today. The car feels great, makes great power, its very quick and the A/C works great! It is a completely different car than it was just a few months ago. So far I am so happy with it and I can’t wait to get to the track with it. I still have a few more parts I want to install like ball joints, tie rod ends and alignment bolts just to make the car safer. I don’t really want to chance taking a stock 307k suspension to the track. If I had time I would also swap all the suspension bushings but that will just have to wait. For now I am content with the progress I am making. Maitas @ Hallet is just over a month away and I am feeling more confident I will have the car ready by then. I mean I better, I already paid for it.

Rainy day pic.

Last edited by GMRlocal1; 08-17-2014 at 01:45 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GMRlocal1 For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (08-17-2014)