Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Mindsuckers 1990 Miata

Drives
    FM2 Turbo Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,183 Times in 472 Posts
    Shame to hear you thinking of selling up as always liked your roadster build and the choices and direction you have taken. If you can maybe just store it away for a while and see if the love comes back for it?

MadaboutMX5s

**** Tuckin 99 N2 'FM2 Turbo' Eunos Roadster ****
    **** Pitcrew Racing 'IRTB'd' Eunos Roadster ****
    **** 1995 'Stock' Satellite Blue Eunos Roadster R Limited ****
    **** 1993 Eunos Roadster 'JDM' S-Special ****
    **** 1991 'Stock' Eunos Roadster J Limited ****
    **** 1995 'Stock' Chaste White Eunos Roadster R Limited ****
    **** 1994 'Stock' Eunos Roadster RS Limited ****
    **** GReddy Turbo 'Demo' Chaste White Eunos Roadster R Limited ****

Instagram
    Facebook

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Mindsucker's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 RED MIATA
    Thanks Given
    If I could i would but at the same time i'm pretty tired of this car breaking all the time. Also need to free up some cash to cover some upgrades to the GT86 so if i ever get back to the Miata I will take my time and find a well maintained car so i can focus more on upgrades rather than replacing broken parts all the damn time. For now on i just need something new and fresh that i don't need to worry about for some time.

Drives
    1990 RED MIATA
    Thanks Given
    Got some help from my dad this weekend so with bleeding the brakes so thats finally completed. Didn't have the opportunity to take the car out for a drive but drove back and forth a couple of times in the garage and it seems to work well!

Spent some more time with the car today after work. Got a new door seal mounted since the old one had seen some better days and sealed the garage vary panel with silicon so the trunk doesn't get flooded every time it rains.

Tomorrow i will finish my door cards since i wasn't pleased with the last one i made. There might be some snow coming over this weekend but i really hope to be able to get the car out on the road next week to check that everything works as supposed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindsucker For This Useful Post:

JamieH (03-19-2015)

Drives
    1990 RED MIATA
    Thanks Given
    Doorcards are completed.

Might need to shorten the straps by an inch or two or three

Drives
    1990 RED MIATA
    Thanks Given
    Last fall when i had my dash out to repair the heater pipe the loop on driver side wire to the HVAC panel falled off from the wire. Didn't care much at the time since i don't fiddle with that lever but since the car is up for sale soon i felt that i wanted to get this sorted first. Tried to glue it in place with no luck so ended up soldering it to the wire and it's no steady as a rock!

Also finished the last pieces that was left today so the car is now street ready. Only need to wait for the weather to warm up before i take her out for a good and well needed bath.

Also recieved the first pieces to the haichi build, a STI gourney flap to the rear spoiler, TRD shift knob and Rays lugnuts.

The TRD knob was pretty huge! Here compared to my old cusco and nardi knob

Next up is coilovers and rear LCA with camber adjustment. Then I need to get rid of the Miata to afford a set off matching wheels to those lugnuts
    Last edited by Mindsucker; 03-25-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Drives
    1990 RED MIATA
    Thanks Given
    So took the car out of the garage a couple of days ago. Took it on a little spin to see that everything worked ok, took it to the car wash for a well needed bath to get rid of all the dust it's collecting during the winter and then for a little road trip just because the weather was awesome! On my way home I heard that my glovebox was vibrating and reached for it to answer my phone. Missed the call with a millisekund but when I got home i noticed a text from a lady who was very interested in taking a closer look on my car. I called her up and we decided to meet up the following morning.

She arrived in a brand new Subaru WRX STI and I thought to myself why the hell she was looking for a Miata?! She later explained she was looking for a pure track car and thougt my car was a really good start. We went on a little drive and she really enjoyed the handling of the car and the sound of that lovely CMC catback! Since she's completely new to the Miata scene she wanted to do some research before deciding on the deal and she texted me a offer this morning wich i was really pleased with so the car is now sold and will be picked up on Tuesday. Got some mixed feeling over this but overall I'm pretty happy that it got sold so quickly and look forward to continue with the GT86!

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1996 Brilliant Black
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindsucker View Post
    sadcarsale.txt
    You'll be back...They all come back

Drives
    FM2 Turbo Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,183 Times in 472 Posts
    Good luck mate with future developments on your car projects. Pleasure dealing with you on the few dealings with have had. Likewise I have enjoyed the developments of your mx5 so sorry to see you sell it as always good seeing your ideas and developments come together. As I above I hope your be back!

MadaboutMX5s

**** Tuckin 99 N2 'FM2 Turbo' Eunos Roadster ****
    **** Pitcrew Racing 'IRTB'd' Eunos Roadster ****
    **** 1995 'Stock' Satellite Blue Eunos Roadster R Limited ****
    **** 1993 Eunos Roadster 'JDM' S-Special ****
    **** 1991 'Stock' Eunos Roadster J Limited ****
    **** 1995 'Stock' Chaste White Eunos Roadster R Limited ****
    **** 1994 'Stock' Eunos Roadster RS Limited ****
    **** GReddy Turbo 'Demo' Chaste White Eunos Roadster R Limited ****

Instagram
    Facebook

Drives
    1990 RED MIATA
    Thanks Given
    Thank you for you're kind words James. Been a pleasure dealing with you too and somehow contribute to the awesome little collection you made for you're self. Looking forward to see you're future improvements too (how's that even possible by now).

Somehow I'm quite fed up with the mx-5 and need something different to change it up a bit. It sure is a great platform though so time will tell if I fall back again or not.

The new owner got to collect her new car yesterday. We loaded up the little roadster as much as possible and rest went into her friends sedan. Even though she's still have the oem exhaust, a spare cylinder head and another box with various oem stuff left to pick up so hopefully she's going to pick them up this coming weekend.

Was a bit sad seeing the car leave but as I said above she's planning to track the car so I really hope to meet them once again during some track day which I hope to achieve sometime this year. Would be really fun to see how they keep up to eachother!

Guess this is the end of this thread but will try go get one up on the new project once a few parts start to drop in.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456