Thread: My addiction starts here

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1990 Miata
    Thanks Given

My addiction starts here

Hello, my name is Alex and I am addicted to miata's! New to the site and wanted to make a introduction for myself. Thought I would give a little background on myself and then move to the Miata. Sorry for the long post ahead
    As long as I remember, I wanted to have cool cars, and my "cool" cars started with a 1990 240sx! It was actually a rusty piece of junk but much was learned driving it. And then came another 240, that I took the best parts from the red one and made a bit nicer. But neither were anything to write home about. It had springs, intake and exhaust.

I then had the opportunity to purchase a 2005 Toyota Tacoma Xrunner off my father, and jumped on that very quickly. For those unfamiliar, the Xrunner was the sporty Tacoma, it came with bilsteins, was a bit lower, the body kit and a 6 speed. I loved this truck so much, and while owning it added a URD intake, exhaust and tune.

Eventually sold the Xrunner in favor of a very clean EF hatch. The previous owner spent around 4grand restoring everything to original. It had a faded roof and hood but other wise very clean. It was lowered with intake and exhaust. This is one car that I still regret selling.

I sold the civic due to wanting another 240 and picked up another rust bucket. This car turned into a rolling joke and never was "nice". But it was a fun car to just beat on and enjoy.

While owning the last 240, I owned multiple cars that were either flipped or failed projects. I owned a CX650 Bobber, 1970 something Alfa Spider, 19 something Lancia Beta Zagato, a 1991 Yamaha FZR600, and still own a 1978 or 9 Honda CB750

Googled picture for reference

And then that brings us to the Miata! I happened to go through our local Mazda lot and say it. I spoke with the dealer and it was a one owner, bought from them, all service done at said dealer and had 70,000 miles. After speaking with them about it for a couple days I decided to pull the trigger. The car was all stock and had the original hard top. The car remained stock for about 2 years, minus maintenance and a Voodoo knob.
    As it was when I first got it home.

The car remained stock, as I wanted to really learn the car and improve what I though it lacked. So I began purchasing some parts last fall and finally have the car assembled and back on the road! As for the parts, I opted for the FM Vmaxx classics, FM sway bars, new calipers, rotors and pads, FM catback and a Hard Dog rollbar. And just recently picked up the Hella Headlights, shifter rebuild and new tombstone (as mine was well gone)

Absolutely love how the car feels now. Still need to get an alignment and the roll bar installed but the car is much better. Thanks for checking everything out, and sorry for the winded introduction. If you're still with me, I have my other vehicles below . The car as it sits currently.

....... if your still with me these are my other current vehicles. First is a 2011 Harley Davidson Iron 883, and its running V&H short shots, Screamin Eagle intake and tune. And the second is a father son project I bought for my dad, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro... and a bonus picture of my dad's old Solstice GXP and an E-Type.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vipervenom For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (04-05-2015),Phatmiata (04-06-2015),tsingson (04-04-2015)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone wannafbody's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Oooooh Camaro

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Welcome to MazdaRoadster.net!

Drives
    Grey NA Clubman
    Thanks Given
    Miata looks great! Welcome to MazdaRoadster.

Quote Originally Posted by vipervenom View Post
    EF hatch. The previous owner spent around 4grand restoring everything to original. It had a faded roof and hood but other wise very clean. It was lowered with intake and exhaust. This is one car that I still regret selling.

Funny how different cultures value things differently. I have one like this, a grey manual with the twin carb motor, 100K miles, no rust as cars don't rust here, a good car but a scratch on the door and faded roof and hood. Nobody wants it. It'll probably go to the crusher soon.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Welcome Alex and thanks for the cool intro and great photos!

No todo que es oro brilla.

Drives
    1990 Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    Welcome to the MR forum

My 90 blue with 179k

Stalled - Fire it up! wallywiffle's Avatar
    Drives
    2003 Miata MX-5
    Thanks Given
    Welcome! I'm new this past week too! I had an Alfa Romeo too! 1973 rust bucket. I love my Miata! Are you from Illinios? The plates look like it. I'm in Indiana.

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,435 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Wow, nice cars! Welcome

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! OBD1 kenobi's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 black miata
    Thanks Given
    Welcome to the site. Cool cars and story. Btw, those x-runners are total sleepers (handling wise) they can pul 0.9g stock on the skidpad test.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    I miss my Toyota Taco

Thanks Given
    Very nice, welcome aboard! Glad to see another member from Illinois.

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1990 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I have been lurking alot of forums for miata's and this one appears to have the most laid back and helpful people!

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Q View Post
    Miata looks great! Welcome to MazdaRoadster.

Funny how different cultures value things differently. I have one like this, a grey manual with the twin carb motor, 100K miles, no rust as cars don't rust here, a good car but a scratch on the door and faded roof and hood. Nobody wants it. It'll probably go to the crusher soon.
    I have 3 people, including myself, who would buy that car for the scrap price instantly. We have a clean one local, all stock, going for almost 4 grand.

Quote Originally Posted by wallywiffle View Post
    Welcome! I'm new this past week too! I had an Alfa Romeo too! 1973 rust bucket. I love my Miata! Are you from Illinios? The plates look like it. I'm in Indiana.
    Small world! Mine wasnt rusty but that motor was a straight pain! And yep central IL.

Quote Originally Posted by OBD1 kenobi View Post
    Welcome to the site. Cool cars and story. Btw, those x-runners are total sleepers (handling wise) they can pul 0.9g stock on the skidpad test.
    It was amazing how well it handled. It was no miata, but it was designed to keep up and beat the 350z in handling. Now a lot guys are running turbos and ls swaps and making them very good street trucks. And they look killer aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Grip Driver View Post
    Very nice, welcome aboard! Glad to see another member from Illinois.
    Yep central IL, where abouts are you

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone TNRooster3's Avatar
    Drives
    chaste White, 1996 R2-Limited Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Welcome to MR and the club of Miata owners. Nice intro with lots of pix, glad someone else besides me is long winded- HA HA.