Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member Interested in Superchargers

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    I think it comes down to the amount of power people want. I don't think the miata needs stupid amounts.

I had to special order the front clip of the AE92 so it was easy to swap everything over. 14lbs was pretty crazy. I remember I took my brother's SW20 down. He got me off the line because I had to feather the throttle but that whine.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tsingson For This Useful Post:

BoBo (07-08-2015)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    I believe if I were to go F/I again, it would be with a Rotrex configuration. I like it.
    It's a nice efficient setup, I wonder if the FM stb would work with the Rotrex setup? I know the ebay stb works.
    08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    If you get creative with the tubing, probably.

Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    I think it comes down to the amount of power people want. I don't think the miata needs stupid amounts.

I had to special order the front clip of the AE92 so it was easy to swap everything over. 14lbs was pretty crazy. I remember I took my brother's SW20 down. He got me off the line because I had to feather the throttle but that whine.....
    Nice, I was able get good traction with the mid-engine setup but working on that car was kind of a pain and the cooling system was harder to deal with during summer or track time. It's pretty easy to work on our roadsters.

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    If you get creative with the tubing, probably.
    That sucks, good thing I'm not set on keeping my FM stb. If you don't mind me asking what kind of power mods do you have on your car?

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Right now I just have a built head (p&p, shave, gm), bolt ons, etc. I have a standalone ECU to reinstall with some other mods I built. In the past, on the same car I have run a Greddy turbo system, modified it, then took it all off and built a custom turbo system. When I moved to California, I took all that off and put on a JRSC. Now I prefer n/a for reliability. I have a rebuilt short block to install soon, otherwise I would shove in a BP4w or Bp6d and call it a day.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (07-09-2015),BoBo (07-08-2015)

Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    ^Sounds good, I haven't messed with boost for while now for the same reasons. The only power mod I have on my 96 is a K&N panel filter and RB exhaust system. I love boost and got nothing bad to say about it. However, I'm always pitting in due to cooling issues at the track. There was a time when I blew my head gasket on my MR2 T and another time the turbo got so hot it stretched the exhaust studs and leaked boost. Same thing happened to my old 99 A4 1.8t and after me fixing all of those issues I had, I decided to run all motor for a while to save some cash and time. But other than that the Turbo/SC experience was great. That's another good thing about Rotrex, it doesn't seem generate crazy heat from what I heard.

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! bada55mofo's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Mariner NA
    Thanks Given
    I'm running a Sebring, which is very close to the JR...and I love it, the DDM intake seemed to make the whine a little better. I'm getting from 8-9psi out of mine!

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bada55mofo View Post
    I'm running a Sebring, which is very close to the JR...and I love it, the DDM intake seemed to make the whine a little better. I'm getting from 8-9psi out of mine!
    Ditto I loved my Sebring, it was plenty of power, however when another miata owner with a turbo and I took our cars on the highway I realized there was more room for power. Took the Sebring off and saving for an FM2 turbo now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Dandy (07-09-2015)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBo View Post
    ^Sounds good, I haven't messed with boost for while now for the same reasons. The only power mod I have on my 96 is a K&N panel filter and RB exhaust system. I love boost and got nothing bad to say about it. However, I'm always pitting in due to cooling issues at the track. There was a time when I blew my head gasket on my MR2 T and another time the turbo got so hot it stretched the exhaust studs and leaked boost. Same thing happened to my old 99 A4 1.8t and after me fixing all of those issues I had, I decided to run all motor for a while to save some cash and time. But other than that the Turbo/SC experience was great. That's another good thing about Rotrex, it doesn't seem generate crazy heat from what I heard.

I just want to drive, not dick around with the car. If I want a powerful car, I'll buy one, but the Miata is better for my needs in n/a form. I ran mine up to 15psi for a while. Fun, but it becomes too much of a hassle and not as fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12