Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need FAST HELP with my air intake.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Thanks Given
    As per the pic, its a 1.8. Look at the intake manifold, peeps. Also, 1.8 has the CAS on the exhaust side, but the pic is really too blurry to tell. All US miatas from 94-05 had a 1.8 engine. Probably the hood was swapped.. Miata 101 people.
    Just another cracka azz cracka with an Old Beat up '97

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stealth97 For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (06-21-2015),kung fu jesus (06-21-2015)

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch NobleRogue's Avatar
    Drives
    "97" Miata NA
    Thanks Given
    lol just when I start to reconcile the idea of having a European Miata KFJ steps in and ruins everything lol. 1.8L USDM it is. I am both happy and upset. The Air Intake I ordered was for the 1.6L. I guess I will just have to wait and see if it will fit or not. I'm hoping that at most I will only have to work around the top coolant hose.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    It most likely won't work with your MAF.

I started wondering after thinking about how someone got a 1.6 to work with OBD2 electronics and the sensors needed to keep it happy (the ECU).

Drives
    "97" Miata NA
    Thanks Given
    Thank you KFJ. GOOD NEWS!!!!! CARiD.com just E-mailed me. They say that the part I ordered is on back order from the factory. They gave me the option to cancel my order. I went to the WeaponR website and ordered directly from them a Carbon Fiber intake for $165.00 plus $15.00 shipping. I made sure that it was for the 94-04 1.8L engine. It was actually cheaper than the aluminum intake. Go figure. 2-7 days shipping. I'll keep yall posted. This is prety cool cause I saw the same one on Ebay for $235.00.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NobleRogue For This Useful Post:

tsingson (06-23-2015)

Drives
    "97" Miata NA
    Thanks Given
    Finished the Intake job. So far so good. Thenk you to everyone for the help and recommendations.
    Intake 1.jpgIntake 2.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]14399 [/ATTACH]
    watch the video link below for a short sound demo.
    https://www.facebook.com/terry.chast...type=2&theater
    Yes I know I have a nasty pulley squeal. It's on my list of things to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NobleRogue; 06-26-2015 at 02:38 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NobleRogue For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (06-26-2015)

Drives
    "97" Miata NA
    Thanks Given
    I got it to pass smog!!! But I still have a misfire. Does anyone have a line on new but inexpensive parts? I plan to get a project block in the future to build up. I'm not sure if I want to do to much after market upgrades on this engine. I just need it to be reliable for when my bike brakes down or the weather is really bad. I'm looking in to possibly having to replace any one or all of the following. The Cam Position censor, Ignition Coil, Mas Airflow Censor, Throttle position censor, so on ans so fourth. I haven't gotten around to testing them yet. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much I'm going to end up spending. Usually I wouldn't worry to much about it. But I was out driving it two days ago and lost my clutch. The clutch grabs wonderfully but I get no pressure in the pedal and cant put it in to gear. My son I bled the hydraulic system. The slave cylinder, despite an extremely slow leek that is only known because of fluid on the lower A-arm, reacts to the pedal being pressed and pushes on the lever like it should. So I'm guessing I have a worn throw out bearing (Clutch release bearing). With all the work and time it's going to take to get to it I'm figuring I should just get a clutch kit and replace all the clutch components. This is going to cost almost $400.00. Not to mention that I'm having some other issue with the cars idle dropping every time the coolant fans come on or when I turn on the A/C fan. I'm running out of funds fast atm and not getting much time to get more funds . Any info on where to get good parts cheap will be worth gold to me right about now. Thank you in advance.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Congrats passing smog!

Take that list of items you want to replace, and begin diagnosing them each. Most can be tested following the factory service manual. We have a link to them. With disappearing funds, you need to be sure before taking a shotgun approach to repairs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

NobleRogue (07-11-2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12