Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Keep that NA conversation going

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toms96mx5 View Post
    I blew the horn in my Miata today, at a lady that sat threw a whole green light cycle, and then the light turned green again and it still took her about 20 seconds to go, I was about to get out and go check on her, was starting to think she died behind the wheel or something.

Time to upgrade to air horns??

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power mx54life's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    I still want a 91 BRG, I have an entire interior waiting to go in one, there was a nice looking one that popped up today for $4000 but always when I dont have the play money. Anyone have BBS wheels on a BRG? I bet it would look super classy!
    Same here my daughter got 3 more semesters and then some recovery period before I see some serious play money. Both my LE and BRG projects are place on hold. Complete interior sets are patiently waiting. Now those SSR would make a BRG super gorgeous. I can only dream of it for now :-(

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I was planning to biuld the 93LE and the 95M but it's too costly with my miata habit lol

Just down to (1) miata now so hopefully the build will progress faster now.

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    I was planning to biuld the 93LE and the 95M but it's too costly with my miata habit lol

Just down to (1) miata now so hopefully the build will progress faster now.
    So I would guess the 95M was let go? It requires a lot of deliberation to consciously focus just on one miata. I am really torn between a clean tan and red interior. In my mind I would pick the LE interior any day but when I see my nice tan interior in my spare room, the thought of a BRG will linger for days. I still several parts I need to install with my SC 94. We shall see after I recover from my recent Carpal Tunnel surgery but then again both hands have to be done so it may not be till 3 months later before I can turn some wrenches.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! MightyM's Avatar
    Drives
    a Black 94 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Yes and No. Depending on your demeanor/behavior. I've never had any problems with the popo down here and always find them pretty chill.
    My wife went to visit her sister in Sydney a few years back n was saying that people there don't even touch their cell phones while they're driving because of how strict the cops are just made me think they were like that about all "illegal" activity on the road.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Rogue's Avatar
    Drives
    93LE #737, 93LE #783, 92BnT, 95M, 90A and now a 97PEP
    Thanks Given
    Anyone have BBS wheels on a BRG?
    Like this?
    1992 BnT, 93LE #737, 94M, 95M, 96M, 97PEP, and a few 90s

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogue For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (08-10-2015),tsingson (08-11-2015)

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Nyaa's Avatar
    Drives
    A Ford because life went wrong somehwere
    Thanks Given
    I've been trying to find good info on the 185 cup to no avail, sadly.
    And I've also been finding myself more and more envious of people with 85 Ms...

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    I wonder if any other car can beat the hunger for aftermarket parts as NA owner has LOL. I know that the lust to modify a car is still well alive so it makes me think if other platforms are as active as ours.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone etikoner's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    I am loving my NA9C .

I need to put thread lock on my shift knob cause the harmonics of full throttle first gear pulls make it come loose.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! MightyM's Avatar
    Drives
    a Black 94 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by mx54life View Post
    I wonder if any other car can beat the hunger for aftermarket parts as NA owner has LOL. I know that the lust to modify a car is still well alive so it makes me think if other platforms are as active as ours.
    Its kind of interesting that you say that. Yesterday I was doing a random Google search with Miata in the search bar and came across another forum where these s2000 guys where dogging Miatas... Talking about how they can "take" a Miata off the line, a stock Miata... Thats not a very difficult task. A stock Miata is not the greatest drag racer... but when it is upgraded to have the power output of say an s2000, then it becomes a pretty serious competitor.

The list of upgrades from so many different vendors world wide for the Miata is so vast its mind boggling and the history behind the car is nothing short of fascinating. I personally am a PROUD owner of my Miata and now coming to know it better than I ever have before, the only other car/s that I would drive would be exotics or some very rare one off type of car. I used to lust over the E46 M3 which is still one of my favorite "practical" high performance cars but I dunno if I would trade my Miata for it... Just not the same.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    I'm still having a blast with my 96 Montego Blue. I bought an 07 Rabbit for commute, it's a nice torquey car that handles well with plenty of room, but I ended up driving my Miata more throughout the summer with the top down. Speaking of "top down" I'm finally getting another softop, the one I got on my car is all tattered.
    08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! 91BRG's Avatar
    Drives
    91BRG
    Thanks Given
    I think we all have our own list of dream cars/cars we would like to own, but all those cars I can live without. MX-5/Miata is a car I can't live without and that's why it's my 'dream' car.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 91BRG For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (08-10-2015)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by mx54life View Post
    So I would guess the 95M was let go? It requires a lot of deliberation to consciously focus just on one miata. I am really torn between a clean tan and red interior. In my mind I would pick the LE interior any day but when I see my nice tan interior in my spare room, the thought of a BRG will linger for days. I still several parts I need to install with my SC 94. We shall see after I recover from my recent Carpal Tunnel surgery but then again both hands have to be done so it may not be till 3 months later before I can turn some wrenches.
    Yes, I sold the 95 Merlot this year. I figure I can find a clean BRG, or 95M later on down the road. And I still have a complete tan interior from a 91BRG, NOS tan Closed loop Carpet, V-Special Eunos Roadster door panels, V-Special floor mats, etc. So I think those items are the hardest items to get these days, (had bought all this when I sold the white Miata) and anyways I can always find a NA Miata.

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    ^^^definitely the NOS Tan closed loop carpet is the hardest. I have seen NOS LE several times already but not on tan the yet. Worst case scenario I can settle for the plush ones I guess :-(

Correct you will indeed find a clean NA pretty easily and turn that into a project. This thought thus makes me calm down lol....

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone wannafbody's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    It's easier to find a clean NA down south. I was looking over winter and could only find a couple rust free NA's in PA. I ended up grabbing a 96 C package with Torsen.

Fbody boards are pretty mod happy but some of that is LS swap stuff into other platforms.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast