Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoodedreeper's Mk1 The Purple Monster

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    wow .... said it once, and will say it again, it looks amazing!!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    At the beginning of the year I was offered a boot spoiler which I was indecisive about getting,as I wasn't sure it would suit my car. Then I found this photo which sold it for me

I searched high and low for a Mazdaspeed A-Spec Type 1 boot spoiler and couldn't find one (checked all UK and US forums and even Yahoo Auctions). Until I got a message from Derrick @ Cork Sport saying he's got one,and to make him an offer. He accepted and a couple of weeks later it was with me

I've only got 2 more shows this year,so i'll wait till Winter to get it painted and fitted

The local MX5OC area were invited to a Family and Friends day at RAF Marham (Full album can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9443756&type=3)

You could say mine stuck out a little

Next show was Silverstone Classic,a very very wet day at Silverstone with the MX5OC but still a very good day (Full album can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9443756&type=3)

In the photos above you'll see I've also had my new Black Vinyl Robbins hood fitted that I got from MOSS awhile ago. Much much better and the glass screen has made a massive difference!

Today (Tues 4th Aug) I received my Aluminium Window Handles from Carbon Miata. These have finished the doorcards off perfectly and match Carbon Miata's Door Pulls and KG Works Door Handles a treat!

I've also had an OEM undertray fitted to help reduce the water from splashing onto the Supercharger Tensioners,sadly no photos

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (08-04-2015),Phatmiata (05-13-2017)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Another little addition I've been working on are some LED under bonnet lights.

I originally fitted 2x 17cm White COB strips under the wings,which provided a lot of light to the sides but I needed something from above. Not wanting to cut too much into Garage Vary bonnet,i placed one below the catch. Feeding the wires through the two skins and out above the hinge. I then tucked the wires as best as I could behind the hinge,through underneath the scuttle panel and through the bulk head.

Here's a little video (taken on my phone) Remember to watch in HD

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    That's really nice! I think the white makes it better.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone TNRooster3's Avatar
    Drives
    chaste White, 1996 R2-Limited Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given
    I may have said this before, wow nice car!

Idling - Listen to it purr... Delboy's Avatar
    Drives
    Spoilt for choice
    Thanks Given
    I thought all the Mazdaspeed spoiler's had a carbon inlay?
    spoilt for choice
    › to be unable to choose because there are so many possible good choices

My NA8 Pit Crew Build

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Purple is awesome.

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Gave the car a clean and went to a previous spot for some photos,here's my fav photo

Back in November i sent Adam @ RevLimiter a message about some custom dials. I knew what i wanted but it was difficult to transmit that pen and paper. Do i go something Grim Reaper related (to go with the username) or do i go with a Purple Monster theme? I couldnt find any images that helped or inspired,so one night i drew a design up in Photoshop. Not having done this before,it didnt turn out too bad,especially the colouring!

So i sent the logo over to Adam and he loved it! A few ideas were thrown back and forth and we finally settled for this design.

Here are some photos that Adam took,he seems to take them alot better lol

Adam has done an amazing job bringing out the detail in the logo

The purple diamonds is a nice reference to the Leather Retrim on the interior

Illumination was also a key factor. The purple numbers and white needles is a great combo IMO,i think being all purple would have been too much.

I wanted the logo to just illuminate on the Rev Gauge,and the text on the other. Again,Adam has done an amazing job!

The Monster had its yearly inspection this week and passed with flying colours! They were amazed and how much it had changed in the last year,and they especially loved the charger

I've been having this on-going issue with the door speaker cutting out. I replaced all the Phono leads,power cable and fuse box,swapped CD players and amplifer and still nothing. Tried an old set of Phono leads and it worked,so while it was all apart i re-located the CD Player (now a Mechless unit) to the Glove Box. Its freed up alot of space behind the dash,it still needs another tidy up but i'll be re-wiring the AEM gauges soon so that'll wait till then.

Last but not least,it was my Birthday last weekend so thought i'd treat the 'ol gal to a personalised number plate,EUNOS

​Just waiting for the transfer to be complete and i can get them fitted!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (08-28-2015),Phatmiata (05-13-2017),WASABI (11-26-2015)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Today is 2 years since i took ownership of the car,what a crazy 2 years thats been!

Finally got my personal number plate transfered onto the car (i know the front plate is wonky,i need to adjust the bracket)

Last Sunday i attended the MX5 National Rally

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (09-10-2015),Greasemonkey2000 (11-25-2015),Phatmiata (05-13-2017),WASABI (11-26-2015)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Updates seem to be few and far between at the moment. Last month i celebrated 5yrs with Ms. Reeper (not married,yet...) took her to a surprise few days away to London which soaked up alot of money

I've also been upgrading my photography equipment,again that hasn't been cheap either,but i've still been doing bits and pieces to the Monster

Shortly after the MX5 National Rally at Kelmarsh Hall was JAE at Newark Park. JAE is regarded as a the LARGEST japanese car show in the UK,and being a 4 day show,its a cracking weekend!

I won't bore you with photos,here's one from Heavy Set

Link to my photos can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9443756&type=3

Got myself another set of number plates,this time single line,which is alot better!

Practiced some light painting too,although it isn't perfect it didn't come out too bad

You may remember awhile back i relocated the Air Filter to behind the headlight. This gave great cold air to the filter,but the longer pipe work really made the car hesitate when pulling away and at lower revs. So i moved it back to the bulk head and quickly fabricated a heat shield that runs along side the charger

Received this month's issue of the MX5OC Hard Top Soft Top Magazine to find the Monster got a cheeky little write up

Ever since my track day back in March i've had the Sparco Sprint V bucket seat and OMP 4pt 3" webbing harness kicking about,so i slung it in the car for now along with my D1 snap off boss. Its weird how much a bucket seat and harness can drastically change the feel of the car,but now the wheel was faaar too close. Infact the bottom of the wheel was just brushing the tops of my legs.

So i ordered a NRG Slim Hub and promptly got it fitted

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (10-28-2015),Greasemonkey2000 (10-29-2015),Phatmiata (05-13-2017),WASABI (10-28-2015)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    I say it all the time, but this car is amazing. One of my top favorites.

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Jass Performance has just launched a new Upper Shift Boot,would be rude not to order one

Received another order from RevLimiter,this time retro inspired Horn Button and Oil Cap

The next installment is what i've been waiting to order for a long time,and i know it's going to have alot of mixed opinions

Garage Star Wing Stands with a Megan Racing Wing

The spoiler is just mocked up at the moment,need brackets making as the Wing is wider than the stands. Its on its highest mount point,i'll be bringing it down a little bit to make it more in line with the roof. I'll be making a diffuser while the bumper is off,makes sense as i've got the access at the moment.

I've also got a spare bumper to trial cut before i cut mine

Once the back is finished,i'll then start on the front

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

KAL (11-26-2015),Paul B (12-07-2015),Phatmiata (05-13-2017),WASABI (11-26-2015)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Functional aero is usually met with strong opinions/feelings one way or the other, personally i like it but probably wouldn't do it personally since it is such an aggressive setup. The swan neck especially invokes strong responses. I too hope to do functional aero in the form of a front splitter and rear diffuser so i look forward to this.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! KAL's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thats hot!
    '9 3 B R G

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KAL For This Useful Post:

WASABI (11-26-2015)

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,354 Posts
    Pic of the Jass boot with the center console installed?

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast