Thread: Modernbeat's '92 Special Edition black-on-black subtle is the name of the game build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! modernbeat's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    My valve stems finally showed up, so I mounted the new wheels and tires. The wheels are the new Enkei J-Speeds from Good-Win Racing in the most un-baller size, 15x7et38. I considered the other two sizes. I didn’t get the 15x8et25 because I didn’t want to roll the fender and wanted to run a mild performance alignment (not too much camber). I didn’t get the 15x7et25 because Enkei went cheap and just added pad material to get that size. The lug holes look like they are two inches deep and extended lug nuts would barely peep out of the holes. That sucks. I don’t want to use extended lugs (don’t like the look on a street car) and I’d like to see the lug nut. I thought that the 38mm offset is a little more than I wanted, even for this mild fitment, but I’ll run spacers if I decide the wheel needs to be pushed out more.

For tires I wanted something meaty with a round corner between the tread and the sidewall and a decently soft sidewall. A lot of the new extreme-performance street tires have very sharp tread corners and stiff sidewalls. I also like the looks of the 195/60-14 that a lot of guys are running on their 14x7 Enkei RP-F1 wheels. But I’d like to stay with 15” wheels as I intend to install a set of Sport brakes that are waiting their turn in my garage. Well, this is about as close as I can come to the round and meaty 14” look and still have room for big brakes. It’s a Dunlop Dierezza Sport Z1 Star Spec. It’s got the extreme performance compound, a soft sidewall, and a nice round balloon curve between the tread and the sidewall when mounted on a 15x7. Here’s a few shots. I’ll post more in the fitment thread. The current alignment has too much rear camber and not quite enough up front. I'll be taking care of that next

Last edited by modernbeat; 10-06-2017 at 05:21 PM.
    Jason McDaniel