Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EDELWEISS - another R2-Limited Build

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power mx54life's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    So I was just having fun installing my Beloff headlights till I notice that my coolant reservoir was empty and evidence of rust was noted. Having seen no leaks, experienced no overheating, no white smoke and smell of coolant after a drive suggested to me that I am burning coolant to certain degree somewhere. 80k original miles is showing signs. After a smart friend suggested to check for air bubbles by placing a glove over the radiator mouth and run it, voila, the glove became a balloon in less than 30 seconds of running at normal operating temp. My fear of head gasket failure was confirmed. Well here's how the engine bay looks after I sorted it out for space to install the HID ballasts but I guess this an end to a beginning of a new engine bay look. I am highly considering a BEGI S3........but this JRSC is so efficient........let's see in a few weeks.

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Well while we are waiting for the new engine let's play and practice/develop some DIY skills and learn how difficult this coolant reroute really is. Here is phase 1 dealing with the front by removing the thermostat neck, covering it with the TSE thermostat delete kit and doing a DIY front cover redo with use of some extra plastic part cut-out, JB plastic weld, sand paper, Dremel and a bit of imagination. I wanted to have the valve cover and this piece powder coated but I thought the budget should go to the engine rebuild for now and so comes in the VHT wrinkle spray paint. In the mean time no one touches these parts but me lol.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mx54life For This Useful Post:

Hammerhead (11-13-2015),Nevadabob (11-14-2015)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Thanks Given
    That cover looks nice
    Just another cracka azz cracka with an Old Beat up '97

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Her engine bay is slowly being sorted out. Preparing for her big "SMOG" day.......

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mx54life For This Useful Post:

91BRG (10-11-2015),Greasemonkey2000 (10-11-2015),HarryB (10-11-2015)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Well not sure of your time frame or my own but im looking at getting a m45 in time if you want to PM about price, etc. Car is looking great!!

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    Well not sure of your time frame or my own but im looking at getting a m45 in time if you want to PM about price, etc. Car is looking great!!
    Thanks. Yeah the time target is not quite set yet unless of course I see a really good used kit. But given the nature of the turbo I may be better off getting a BN set up. I am also challenged with know-how preparation for the standalone ECU. The rush to have a turbo is really controlled by the fact that the M45 is such a solid performer. A real plug and play sorta power add-on. Nothing much to do once installed properly. It doesn't give an over-the-top force but enough push to make driving very entertaining. You're the first one to ask so I will for sure PM you once I cross that bridge......

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    A little sneak peak on what is coming up...........

Craigslist is indeed my treasure spot, BNIB never installed TVS-900..........she needs to join the 200 HP Club.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Cool! Coldside MP62?

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    Good luck with that... Though I have seen that the NA install is much better written and friendlier than the MB install.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
    Cool! Coldside MP62?
    Fast Forward Superchargers TVS900 (at least that's what i conclude from the post and pic)...bigger and more efficient than the mp62.

Congrats Ed! Talk about a jump and leap in performance from the m45! I really think you will be much happier with this vs a turbo which would have more failure points and make heat management more difficult.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
    Cool! Coldside MP62?
    The upgraded version of the MP62 is TVS900, claimed to be a better blower.........we shall find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon I Am View Post
    Good luck with that... Though I have seen that the NA install is much better written and friendlier than the MB install.
    Thanks. The head is off at the moment so we shall see if that will make things a bit more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    Fast Forward Superchargers TVS900 (at least that's what i conclude from the post and pic)...bigger and more efficient than the mp62.

Congrats Ed! Talk about a jump and leap in performance from the m45! I really think you will be much happier with this vs a turbo which would have more failure points and make heat management more difficult.
    Thanks Chad. The timing is extremely perfect as I scanned the Craigslist pages the other day this uninstalled baby showed up and was handsomely offered for sale. I have been eyeing this kit for years now and I know this is probably the best street kit one can ask for. I have driven a 1.6 with their MP62 version and my golly the torque response was unbelievably quick. What stopped me in the past was the price IMO and I was really wanting to own a turbo kit coz' I have never owned one. This time the price convinced me lol. You are definitely right once this kit is properly installed it is rock solid. You can barely see this kit for sale used, 2x I've seen it in eBay is the last 3 years I was looking. Usually they get sold with the car. Also with Cali 91 octane, I am quite certain that being in the 200 HP club is the safest and the easiest to maintain. I would like to keep the car OEM as possible so it'll be sensibly cheaper that way. I don't track nor auto-x at least at the moment, so driving this in the street is more than capable. Hey if you change your mind on the M45 lmk I may be able to give you the deal you can't resist if this local guy flakes on the deal he should never resist (I included install in the price) lol.

Idling - Listen to it purr... RLGBMX's Avatar
    Drives
    SuperCharged NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    Hello, I am really happy with the results from my TVS900 Supercharger. I have a 130mm pully running E85 only. Racing Beat header with a Jackson Racing exhaulst. The torque it produces over stock is amazing. I plan on dynoing it after the clutch and flywheel upgrade. The stock clutch can't handle the torque when in high boost. I posted a video of it on youtube. Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otHcdhT5yZI

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RLGBMX For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (05-19-2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12