Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strawberries 'N Creme

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    '07 NC Miata 6MT swapped from 6AT - Marrakesh Brown
    Thanks Given
    Very beautiful, love the colour scheme. Always fancy the unique coloured Miatas (especially that brown one, since mine is brown too haha)

Idling - Listen to it purr... ztfoss's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    Small update. Finally was able to get the car on jack stands and in its resting place until spring. Start ripping the control arms and hub out so I can go thru the whole suspension, cleaning, painting, and updating bushing and balljoints. Went with the Prothane kit. Plan on painting my control arms black with some crazy flake just cause, and coating my inner wheel tub in more rustoleum since i polished the top of the tubs with rubbing.
    Sorry girlfriends been slacking on the HQ pictures, so you get shitty iphone ones for now.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

tsingson (12-21-2015),WASABI (12-21-2015)

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    not everyones cup o' tea.

Rough test, but you get the idea.

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    We have touchdown!
    Car rolls and stops the 4 ft I had to try, will be a road test during this week. Next I just have to stack parts until everything is in my hands and then it all gets installed. I actually bought a used Begi turbo kit with a Garrett 2554 that will be coming this week. All I need is an ECU and it gets to make chu chu sounds.

But! I also have had custom rear upper control arms made that will give absolute 0 degrees of camber once I have a real alignment.

And I put together the front with Zerek knuckles and so far it seems like it gained alot of angle but is difficult to say until I have actual wheels on next to another stock miata since I sucked at taking pre-angle pictures.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (02-22-2016)

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    Alright, HUGE update. I forgot about this thread... (follow me on insta for actual normal updates, almost daily @ztfoss)

I got the car driving and drove it almost two weeks, threw on my new wheels and tires. The front is 15x8 0 offset with a 195/50 Federal 595 RSR and the rear is just some achilles 195/50 and 15x8 +25. im currrenlty running 5 degrees of caster, -4 degrees of camber up front and 0 camber in the rear. I made custom uppers for the rear to spin and get rid of the camber.

After driving it for two weeks, I finally nutted up and put the car in the garage, up in the air, and decided to swap my rear to a 4.1 torsen along with upgrading to 1.8 rear brakes. Also welded diff in the weak spot ive heard a bunch of horron stories where it cracks under intense driving.

As i went to do my motormounts, (super miata 88d ones) I realized Im one bolt from pulling the motor and just making everything 3000x easier including doing the clutch. So out it came in about 45 mins. While out I painted the bay and have tapped my oil pan. Within the next two weeks the motor should be all cleaned up and ready to go back in. Then it gets its first start on ms2pnp and hopefully turns on.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

tsingson (04-11-2016),WASABI (04-11-2016)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    You guys should call yourselves the Camber Club. Pretty badass.

No todo que es oro brilla.

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    Another decent sized update, tranny i bought was cut and modified and didnt realize until the motor was back in the damn car. But i did a stage 2 flyin miata happy meal kit with 10lb flywheel. Pickedup my friend wit the grey widebody miata ive posted old motor and tranny since he was going to 1.8 and I swapped the tranny in and put the motor back in, ran intercooler piping found out i needed to run slim fans to clear with the bigger alluminum fans due to the intercooler piping being pinched between the old fans and powersteering. should run late this week or next week depending if I can pick up all the fluids and get the ecu to cooperate first try! running 470 rx7 injectors and a walbro 255.

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    Car runs! First try it started right up, put everything back together, AEM UEGO wideband, ms2pnp, RCI 18 in alluminum seat, and custom exahust by my fab guy.Runs decent for just a startup tune. off to the tuners this week and he hopes to have it make 200hp. Too stoked!

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    Got the car on a dyno. Made 150 @ 7lbs with vacuum leaks but i was content and just fixxed the leaks and got revisions over ther internet from my tuner. Car runs great! went to my first drift event on 6/3 called Thompson Night Stage and It felt so good! cant wait to throw my hyrdo ebrakes in and make it way easy to transition. Only problem I had was I blew a hole in my bead on one of my front tires.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (06-06-2016)

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    oh wow, its been awhile huh.... well the car isnt green anymore...

I now have a PS Duce styled body kit because I really enjoy the styling and looks of it an im very in to the Japanese styling and keeping style in drifting. Rattle canned the passenger quarter cause the vinyl ripped the clear off, and rattle canned the kit. (plan to paint over the winter) Ive done two events so far in the car and 2000 miles on it. so far so good, leaks alot. but ill be upgrading some stuff, see if it lessens then just gonna do seals all around the motor and see what happens. but for now the car wont change too much and will just need my ass in it for some more seat time.

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    This past weekend was Hot Import Nights x Club Loose North. Two tracks. One being turn 2 of the nascar track at anything from 70-80mph entries, and the normal parking lot track. Was such a blast.
    I lowered the car for the event and added a tad bit of camber in the rear to let it kick out easier on entry. Car was dialed and I had such a blast, cant wait for the next one.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

Dave737 (08-30-2016),Demon I Am (08-31-2016),Martin (08-31-2016),NCGreasemonkey (08-30-2016)

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    Nothing crazy has happened, just got more seat time, went to h2o and now it sits in storage until next year. I moved out to the boston area, started a new career and now live on my own... So the car wont have many changes or much more progression besides just driving. Maybe color change, some little aero bits. and im going to 16s for better fitment and going a little lower.... but besides that the car is practically done to me for the big parts. heres a picture dump of the last couple months.

Drives
    1990 Red
    Thanks Given
    In Novemeber I moved to Boston, Brought the car out to boston on March 1st and on March 4th I crashed it dicking around on the street, about 45 mph into a telephone pole. I know im an idiot. BUT its all fixed now, it did some pretty bad damage, front bumper was detonated, and both frame rails were bent. I got new wheels during the down time, painted it, and then proceeded to drive the balls off of it at Thompson Night Stage, 1 year after my first time ever drifting at the same even the year prior. Car ran great but now has a cracked downpipe and little problems regarding that. It will be fixed after Miata day out here at Larz Anderson Museum. (Yes I know the headlights are ugly and stupid, i couldnt find another pair or single replacement for my Jass lights, I just needed the physical light.) Heres a giant spam of pictures.

Finished at 2am the night before the drift event.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ztfoss For This Useful Post:

MiataQuest (07-13-2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123