Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Pandora

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Cxmoney's Avatar
    Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given

Post Project: Pandora

Finally got myself another miata. it is a 94 with 115k miles. came with harddog rollbar, hardtop, and racing beat front sway bar. The car is in amazing condition, for the year and the mileage, this is the best looking one i have ever seen. picked it up last night and took pictures today.

Here is my previous miata, a 97. i bought it 100% stock and added some visual mods. then i let my cousin dirve it and he blew the engine. I was comming to California sinc ei was in the military, so i just sold it to him so he can build it and such, but i kept the 97 engine to build for myself. muhahahaha. but here was my 97.

Loved that car to death. but since it was a 97, it was hard to do any engine modifications due to emissions. i always wanted a 90-95 so it is just a "taste" test. but never got around to it.

Well now i have finally got one. a very clean 94. i just about feel bad for planning to modify it its so clean. here are the pictures.

Now for this miata, i have decided that i want to make it a retro themed. Bride histrix or corbeau classics, nakamae interior, work wheels, autokonexion ducktail trunk, GV front lip with hopefully a splitter with turnbuckles from TDR, 90-93 Dash, 97 style door panels(the ones with the arm rests.), GV tails, Boss Frog Double Hoop Roll Bar. ect, ect, ect.

only thing i still have yet to decide is if i want to turbo or go with ITBs. i still have the engine from my 97 which will be the donor engine i am going to be building.

but yeah, this is my new miata, and her name is Pandora.

Idling - Listen to it purr... SKAR's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Looks clean, why Pandora?

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    No idea. for some reason the instant i was thinking a name for the car, pandora came to mind. so i decided, Pandora it is. =)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! friday's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Dont feel bad about modifying a clean car, just do it tastefully. Classic styling is a good way to go.

Idling - Listen to it purr... uni's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    i seen your other one on cl for awhile, i wish i couldve got those seats.

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    yeah i have really gotten into the classic styling lately. i dont know why, i just really like it and think it looks badass. ive got almost everything planned out, alot of nakamae, probably some corbeau classics until i can afford the bride histrix, misc exterior styling, and some nice wheels. probabaly either the Work Meister CR-01 or even 6uls for wheels. just under hood, i just cant decide to either go turbo or ITBs. i am more leaning over to ITBs for the classic badass look and style, but i have no idea how to install or anything. So i might just end up with Flyin miatas FMII kit with the hydra. ill make a choice one day. haha.

and uni, i picked up the seats from Batlground.com. i think i paid $470 shipped with the "universal" sliders and side mounts, they would of been cheaper, but since i had them shipped to a GA address, and they are based in GA, i had to pay taxes. so you can probably get them for about $450 shipped, maybe even $425. i haggled with them, and they will take $425 without the sliders. maybe even $400, as long as you try hard enough. awesome seats and they bolt straight to the stock miata sliders. shoot them an email and ask!

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanks to a friend on my other forum, i now have a Black Nakamae Dash and Gauge Hood Cover for my future 90-93 dash! here is an example picture of the dash pad and gauge hood cover i am "borrowing" from his build thread.

now i just have to get the rest of the nakamae stuff; hardtop headliner, trans tunnel, shelf, behind the seats, ect.

also been thinking about getting the nakamae bucket seats like these. i originally wanted the bride histrix, but being those are $3k+ for both, i guess these buckets will be pretty awesome alternative.

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    well the other night i was on San Diego Craigslist, and came across a red automatic 92 miata for only 1600. car runs and drives fine and everything works. odometer is broke, but i didnt really care since it runs and drives with no issues. so i bought it today for my wife because she doesnt know how to drive stick. so now me and my wife both have miatas!

here are both of them

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    yesterday i went to ProjectG and got a power steering "kit" for the wifes car since hers came factory with manual steering, and i will be installing that next weekend. and the day before i picked up my RS*R ExMag GT II exhaust! it looks damn good, and i cant wait to put it on, but unfortantly i have to. i ordered a straight cat from good-win-racing, which i should get on tuesday, and then i can install the RS*R. along with the exhaust, i was given a RS*R license plate frame, which i have never seen before, so its gotta be uber rare!

here is my new exhaust and license plate frame. =)

Also, in the mail yesterday i recieved my Nakamae Dash Cover along with the steering column cover! now i just need the rest of the Nakamae interior.... =p

as for nakamae though, i have never seen it in person until yesterday when i got it in the mail. and i must say that i am highly satisfied with it. the detail is awesome, it feels great, and even looks great. i am more impressed than i thought i would be. this is some damn good stuff here. =D

thats it for now. will update once i get the exhaust installed. =)

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    '92 white
    Thanks Given
    love this!

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    i am also thinking about these seats, as they are cheaper than the nakamae ones, and they have a headrest. so hmmm...

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Thanks Given
    ^^Nice seat. Was also considering this but was concerned about entry/egress due to the high sides and I am not a fan of leather for the backrest and bottom pad.

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    finally got my straight cat from brian at good-win-racing yesterday, and it was pouring down rain yesterday so i decided to wait until today to finally install my RS*R exhaust. i got it installed, and i must say, this damn exhaust is SEXY. i love the sound(no silencer) and it looks great on the car! i am very satisfied with the result.

In other news, i saw revlimiters blog on how he did a leather wrapped 1.6 dash, and it actually turned out pretty damn great looking. it got me wondering and thinking about selling my nakamae dash pad and go for the leather wrapped dash. i am still thinking about it though. i will wait until he installs the dash and see how it holds up before i make a decision.

thats all for now. no idea what im goign to do for next mods though...

Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    well i just picked me up some wheels today. These wheels are(in my opinion) one of the best choice for the retro build theme i am going for. They are super rare because of the 4x100 lug pattern. i now have got "Smoothies". =D

15x8 +19 in the front, 15x8 +6 in the rear. now i just need tires and megan ezs so i can thorw them on the car.

they look exactly like these.

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given
    Very much looking forward to the wheels fitted! Nice size also.

Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast