Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    '02 Laser Blue Mica
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,613 Times in 1,406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiataQuest View Post
    Hey Bryan,
    It's almost spring time.
    Get a blessing from the wife to get it done since you worked on the basement over the winter. Set yourself free!
    Tell the wife how nice it will be to take her on a convertible drive. Get the garage time nod from her and feel free to get it finished.

Hope to see you at MATG.
    Full disclosure: my wife has been SUPER supportive--about as much as someone who is definitely not a car person can be (her only trip to MATG was in a Nissan Altima because my old Miata was laid up, but she firmly supports me getting my one "me time" trip a year). She basically said "I know you love the car and are confident you can get it put back together. Get it done, don't bother me with the details, but BE REASONABLE (my emphasis, not hers)."

I've got someone lined up to weld in the headlight panel for me (he's the friend who was nice enough to put The Tick on his trailer so I could get it home from MATG), and at least a couple other friends who are coming to help me with other major assembly/disassembly tasks. This car would have been sold for scrap without them!

I'll be at MATG this year one way or another. The Tick should​ be there, even if he's not pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by DazedAndConfused
    I dont know a word you just said, but that **** sounded COOL.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

Grumpy (03-18-2018)