Thread: 1997 Miata Track/Daily

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    5,000 rpm - there be torque here! MaRcOp01o's Avatar
    Drives
    93 EUNOS and 93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 567 Posts
    Welp, This build thread was short lived. On the Night of me creating this thread I was in a rear end collision. I was turning right into my friends gated community entrance at about 10-15 MPH and a guy in the left lane decided he didn't want to be in that lane anymore and I can only assume he was texting because my trunk was not hit and why the hell would someone just drift over like that on a wide open road.

ED1C1B69-F912-40D6-AC13-576842D902FE.jpg

The damage does look pretty bad and it is because insurance deemed it totaled. But I was able to drive it home 32 miles the way you see it and no rubbing at all and it drove straight which amazed me. I am just happy I am ok and that my wheels and hardtop are unscathed. the other car was a 2014 Buick Verano and his only damage was him loosing his emblem.

But this accident I wasn't as mad as I thought I would be because I really wanted to start fresh with another miata specifically a BRG. Thankfully Randy (PhatMiata) was able to find the BRG I now own near him in Tampa. I drove up picked up the car, went to Randy's and geeked out about his miata and drove it all the way back to Miami.

This car was a great car and daily driver but I am just thankful I am alive and thankful I can keep building miatas for years to come.
    Follow the Builds
    1993 Eunos Roadster B-spec by Mazdaspeed
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....819#post222819
    1993 Mazda Miata LE
    https://mazdaroadster.net/showthread...233#post244233

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaRcOp01o For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (02-20-2019),edizluv (02-20-2019),HarryB (02-19-2019),speedypenguin (02-19-2019)