Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your NA today 2012?

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch grueinthebox's Avatar
    Drives
    Gray '93 LE (#1148) / '10 Tacoma 4x4
    Thanks Given
    Installed eBay coilover sleeves with Summit Racing springs (350lb front, 250lb rear)... Sleeves are a perfect fit for Bilsteins... Did a layer of duct tape in between the shock body and sleeve as an isolator, but even with just that the - no need for crappy O rings. For half the price of the Ground Control kit I'll see how it does - current plans only include pleasure drives and the occasional autox, and based on my experience with frequent rebuilds of the Tein HAs I had on my old '90 I'm not sure I want to go with a full adjustable coilover setup unless I have to.

Continued prep for paint. Got most of the chip guard off of the passenger side up to the front fender, gave the door and rear quarter a quick pass with the air sander to highlight any dings that need to be taken care of. Hoping to get it ready in time to spray during Spring Break. Have a number of subtle body mods planned that may keep me from meeting that deadline - may end up having to take another week off work around mid-April. Bummer.

Also popped on one of the R2 Limited center caps I've had sitting on my desk for awhile just to see how they look. The man does good work...

Attached Images Attached Images

Idling - Listen to it purr... brian's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Oil change, shell rotella t6 5w-40. Took out the windshield washer tank and started prepping drivers side headlight lid for naca duct install. Didn't even have to use my ak, I must say it was a good day!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Thanks Given
    Made some wiring harnesses...

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! R2Limited's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 R2 Limited
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by grueinthebox View Post
    Also popped on one of the R2 Limited center caps I've had sitting on my desk for awhile just to see how they look. The man does good work...
    Thanks! And....I totally stole that photo

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! JTninja's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Attempted to change rotors and pads....did not go well. Total time was about 7 hours, and I messed up somehow, so im still not done. Tried to do a break in run for the brakes, but one of the rear pads is dragging...oh, and now my parking brake doesn't work....I know im a noob but damn....

Back to the garage tomorrow!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! R2Limited's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 R2 Limited
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by JTninja View Post
    Attempted to change rotors and pads....did not go well. Total time was about 7 hours, and I messed up somehow, so im still not done. Tried to do a break in run for the brakes, but one of the rear pads is dragging...oh, and now my parking brake doesn't work....I know im a noob but damn....

Back to the garage tomorrow!
    How did you retract the rear pistons?

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Flyineunos's Avatar
    Drives
    White & Orange NA's
    Thanks Given
    ......and how did you put in the new pads?

1990 Greddy, AK N2 flares, 15x10 custom Southernways, AAC Flush mounts, RS Refine, Bomex, Moroso, HDHCDD, Megan CO, Momo, Voodoo
    1990 FM2, Arias pistons, Eagle H Rods, 15x10 Panasport, KGW, RS Refine, GV, Moroso, Koyo, Link, HDHCDD, Megan CO, Momo, Nakame, Zoom Eng.

Thanks Given
    Used a hex key to retract, Im assuming the problem with the parking brake is that I didn't tighten it after.

Flyinenuos, not sure what you mean. I had the rear caliper swing up, took out the old pads and rotors, retracted the piston, put the new pads and rotor in, and tighten the caliper up.

Drives
    1996 Brilliant Black
    Thanks Given

One of the most annoying installs ever. Not looking forward to doing the driver side. I only was able to get the bottom bolt back in, not the other one, and the screw into the weatherstripping won't get tight. We'll see if it rattles when I'm driving. Might have to mess with it some more. What a pain in the ass.
    1996 Brilliant Black 2,020lbs wet.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! adamvanxxx's Avatar
    Drives
    Beat NA
    Thanks Given
    I heard the drivers side just gets in your hands way, and that the airflow hits the driver the most from the pass side. You may just want to have just the pass one.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    ^ Shoot, that looks nice, but how will water not get inside when it rains? Or cold air during the winter?

All I did today was drive my Miata in the coldest weather that the car had experienced. We had a low of 12 degrees here in Cowtown, but it was sunny so I took for a spin. My summer V rated tires felt HARD at the beginning, but even they normalize after a while. Kudos for friction!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Drives
    1996 Brilliant Black
    Thanks Given
    Yeah I think I'll just sell the driver side NACA window. It does look like it would annoy the crap out of my hand during quick maneuvers. Water would only get inside if it rained horizontally. I can tape it off or put a tennis ball inside of it to block air/water during washes. My car leaks a bit anyway due to gutted doors (windows held in by clips don't seal too well against weatherstrip.) I don't mind because the interior is spartan. Easy to wipe up.

When it's below freezing I try not to drive anywhere. Makes me feel bad for the car lol :/
    1996 Brilliant Black 2,020lbs wet.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Flyineunos's Avatar
    Drives
    White & Orange NA's
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by JTninja View Post
    Used a hex key to retract, Im assuming the problem with the parking brake is that I didn't tighten it after.

Flyinenuos, not sure what you mean. I had the rear caliper swing up, took out the old pads and rotors, retracted the piston, put the new pads and rotor in, and tighten the caliper up.
    Ok, for the rear brakes, spin the rear wheels and turn the set screw till the caliper touches the rotor. Then turn it back 1/4 turn. It should not bind at all. Then your set. As for the Ebrake, you will have to go inside and adjust the cable at the handle.

1990 Greddy, AK N2 flares, 15x10 custom Southernways, AAC Flush mounts, RS Refine, Bomex, Moroso, HDHCDD, Megan CO, Momo, Voodoo
    1990 FM2, Arias pistons, Eagle H Rods, 15x10 Panasport, KGW, RS Refine, GV, Moroso, Koyo, Link, HDHCDD, Megan CO, Momo, Nakame, Zoom Eng.

Thanks Given
    Did both last night, and went out to brake in the pads/rotors. Its a lot better but it might be a little soft...will ask a friend on his opinion. E brake works better than before, and now have a bucket seat installed

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power iRoadster's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I filled up my car's tank with gas today. Woot!

Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast