Thread: Let's build an LE this time!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch gokartn's Avatar
    Drives
    90 Red
    Thanks Given
    Currently in New Hampshire for some vacation time with my wife, and I decided to just search for a clean NA to avoid the constant cost of rentals when we come home.

I decided to pick up this lovely 1990 Mariner Blue NA6 with a 10/89 production date. This isn't so much a low mileage pristine example like the 93LE, however is hardly any rust especially for a New England car.

Sadly, I got about 30 minutes into my drive home with it and a crack in the radiator I didn't notice, showed up. Even worse news is that I didn't catch it in time and the head gasket went as well. Shame on me, however, fantastic reason to give the car a very thorough drivetrain inspect/maintenance period.

Also was lucky enough to score some stock mirrors off a very welcoming fellow Smurf! If you can't see it in the first photo, the driver's mirror was held on by a hose clamp, and the passenger one wasn't much better.

Now just to figure out how neglected this car really is, and get it back on the road where it belongs!

Next project will be figuring out why the NB top on the NA doesn't want to fold down fully.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gokartn For This Useful Post:

CollinMB (11-26-2019),Greasemonkey2000 (11-27-2019),MikeA (11-28-2019),oldgrayleather (11-26-2019),tsingson (11-26-2019)